Kubota l245 seat suspension

castcreator1

Feb 1, 2017
US
Hey everybody L 245 DT and I'm trying to find a replacement seat suspension for it when i bought the tractor it didn't have one. I haven't been able to find a used one yet. Anybody has some suggestions, answer ideas? Thanks

bmb196122011

Sep 15, 2017
Mansfield Ohio USA
Hey everybody L 245 DT and I'm trying to find a replacement seat suspension for it when i bought the tractor it didn't have one. I haven't been able to find a used one yet. Anybody has some suggestions, answer ideas? Thanks
TSC has nice suspension seats for $99.00. Have had my eyes on them for my L245dt. Check them out at Tractor supply Co.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Thanks D2
Yes I have plenty of L245 seat suspensions .I have new , rebuilt and used.
Lance

2458n

Jun 21, 2010
covington ohio
I might be wrong but my seat suspension was two springs stretched by a bracket and a bolt. Not worth replacing. If I recall the seat also had a slide to move the seat forwards or back. Original did not stay on the tractor long.

L245dtRCA

Equipment
L245dt, box scraper, 6 way blade, FEL, 4'Howse rotary mower
Jul 18, 2018
Molalla, Oregon
Thanks D2
Yes I have plenty of L245 seat suspensions .I have new , rebuilt and used.
Lance
Hey 007, thanks again for the end arm ... my L245 has been doing well since I put it on.

I see you know something about the seat spring...mine is a bit springy, but with my weight, i'm bottomed out when seated. (my old one was not like this)

I see an adjustment...looks like a square head bolt. I think i'd prefer to replace it if you can send a quote to djohnson ( at ) jeffnet (dot) org, please include new and refurb

Last edited by a moderator:

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I bought one of those for my lawn tractor. It is adjustable front and back and for weight. Works absolutely fine. It does not however flip forward and does add some height to a standard seat.
I purchased it through Amazon. It was about $125.
Just enter "suspension seat" and pick one you like.
The one I bought is the Universal Tractor Seat Adjustable, Suspension T222.
There are quite a few to choose from.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hey 007, thanks again for the end arm ... my L245 has been doing well since I put it on.

I see you know something about the seat spring...mine is a bit springy, but with my weight, i'm bottomed out when seated. (my old one was not like this)

I see an adjustment...looks like a square head bolt. I think i'd prefer to replace it if you can send a quote to djohnson ( at ) jeffnet (dot) org, please include new and refurb
You would do better to send him a PM or an Email on this. ;)

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
The springs are still available from Kubota. Usually one or both has broken and the seat doesn't "bounce". I found the easiest way to replace them is to unbolt the whole suspension seat (4 bolts) and replace from the bottom.

1945Dave

Jun 6, 2019
Covington, Louisiana
Where are you located?

I have been exactly in your situation. The original 245 seat had two springs that were notorious for breaking. The springs are available but are pricy as I remember. Most people just took the broken springs off and replaced them with one or two tennis balls.

I switched to the seat sold by tractor supply that had a nice suspension but raised the seat height by 5”. A little hard getting use to but I have lived with it for about 3 years.