Kubota kx040-4 bucket pin boss

RaunchyJancsi

Equipment
Kubota kx040-4
May 22, 2024
Washington State
Hi all, I'm looking for advice on my Kubota KX 040-4. The bucket pin and associated bushings/bosses are completely hashed. I know I can have it line board and welded but it seems to me at this point it would be cheaper and easier to cut out the old bosses and Welding new ones. I've been having a heck of a time finding new bosses or any parts really outside of the Kubota dealership. To add to the confusion the previous owner replaced the coupler with a black max coupler and buckets. I have the Kubota bushings. I just don't want to make it worse than it is and also don't want to spend $1,500 or more on a new coupler. I did a search but didn't find anything here or on another forum. Sorry if it's a common question. Any help would be lovely thanks!

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm,
maybe contact local 'excavator repair shops' ? or some 'heavy equipment' dealers ?? Those kinds of places run into this problem, should have a solution.

McMaster-Carr or similar may have hardened steel bushings ?

Perhaps a local machine shop can help source the bushings ??

Trying to think of alternative sources for them.....

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi all, I'm looking for advice on my Kubota KX 040-4. The bucket pin and associated bushings/bosses are completely hashed. I know I can have it line board and welded but it seems to me at this point it would be cheaper and easier to cut out the old bosses and Welding new ones. I've been having a heck of a time finding new bosses or any parts really outside of the Kubota dealership. To add to the confusion the previous owner replaced the coupler with a black max coupler and buckets. I have the Kubota bushings. I just don't want to make it worse than it is and also don't want to spend $1,500 or more on a new coupler. I did a search but didn't find anything here or on another forum. Sorry if it's a common question. Any help would be lovely thanks!
Cheapest and easiest is to bore and sleeve them.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user