Kubota BX2670 Engine Swap

skrillac

Equipment
Kubota D1105-T
Sep 13, 2022
Dallas, TX
I recently started an engine swap of a BX2670 that had a hole in its block. Stock those tractors come with a D1005. I had a D905 on my garage floor for awhile that had originally come out of a light tower and figured it'd be a suitable replacement. Prior to swapping any parts around I was able to start the D905 fairly easily, so I started this whole process. However, now that the engine is back in the tractor I'm having difficulty starting it.

The major different parts that needed to be swapped between the engines seemed to be the governor assembly, oil pan / pickup, and gear cover. Those have all been swapped over. The D905 has sat around for a while, even before sitting in my garage. So I also swapped over things like injectors and injector lines, after cleaning in an ultrasonic cleaner, as the original parts in the D905 were rusty. The injection pump I've installed is a pump I cleaned and set aside awhile ago. I've also used the block along with said injection pump and injectors to test their spray pattern. So suffice to say, I'm fairly certain its not an issue with injection pump or injectors. Or really the entire fuel delivery system, aside from timing. I have videos of all of these tests if needed to provide further context if necessary.

I've also checked compression cold, since I can't start it. Before doing so I took the head off to inspect valve seats and cylinders before checking injector spray pattern. I can still see cross-hatching in the cylinders and the valves look good. After putting the head back on I got compression readings for each cylinder. Cylinder #1 440psi . Cylinder #2 420psi . Cylinder #3 400psi . Those readings are well above the minimum 327 the wsm mentions. So I'm pretty sure its not a compression problem.

That pretty much just leaves timing, right? I haven't changed the metal shims under the injection pump. I've also verified valve lash by the WSM, set to .006" . I've uploaded a video to youtube of trying to start it.

Anyone have any pointers?

skrillac

Equipment
Kubota D1105-T
Sep 13, 2022
Dallas, TX
I've also included pictures of myself checking engine timing (gears). As well as pictures of injector spray pattern and the lobes on the fuel cam.

20240720_005939.jpg
20240720_010349.jpg
20240702_221049.jpg
Screenshot_20240720-172202_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20240720-171856_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20240720-171949_Video Player.jpg