Kubota BX24 Front Differential Replacement Help Needed

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
So....my BX24 has been getting a lot of use, and has been a huge life saver. Anyway, the other day I heard some clinking happen a couple times while working in the woods. Being in the woods, I wasn't sure if it was something rattling, or coming from the front end. Turns out it was from the front end. It locked up my front wheels and I had to have another tractor come bucket to bucket to bring it back to the house. I need to know if there are some videos or anyone who can help me get in there step wise to pull it apart and fix it. Looks like there is a special tool needed maybe to get into the diff? Below is what I have checked/symptoms. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-front wheels appear locked up when trying to drive forward or reverse, with the drive shaft pulled
-with tractor up off the ground, rear end seems to work fine
-front wheels move fine in opposite direction when off the ground with no unusual sounds
-front wheels won't move in same direction when off the ground
-sounded like a pin or tooth maybe broke/came loose...maybe stuck, not sure

Attachments

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
There is a BX25 workshop manual at Kubotabooks.com available for download that might be helpful. It may be close enough to give you some ideas. Although not for a BX24…the front end could even be identical, who knows?

Reactions: 1 user

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
There is a BX25 workshop manual at Kubotabooks.com available for download that might be helpful. It may be close enough to give you some ideas. Although not for a BX24…the front end could even be identical, who knows?
I will check that out later and see if it matches up. I watched a video this morning, and it looked like it might be slightly different, but I'll look again