Kubota B7200 PTO shaft fell out

Fellenz

Jul 5, 2010
Phelps, NY USA
Hi Everyone,

First time poster here hoping to get some advice and hints before I head down to the shop to start wrenching on the tractor.

I was out mowing with our B7200 today (4WD, Gear transmission) when the PTO shaft fell out of the tractor, it doesn't look like it was damaged at all, I didn't hear any funny or expensive sounding noises, it simply fell out.

Looking at it quick it appears that there is a threaded hole on the internal end that I'm assuming allows it to be tied into the tractor?

I have the books on this tractor so I'll be looking at some exploded diagrams shortly to get a better idea of what I'm playing with.

This tractor also will not shift out of 4WD (we were planning to tear into it to fix that issue in the winter months but now with the PTO issue it may be best to do it all at once.

So, how big of a job am I likely looking at here? Any helpful hints or advice? Details will be forthcoming as I dig into it.

Thanks,

Erik Fellenz

www.fellenzfamilyfarm.com

Fellenz

Jul 5, 2010
Phelps, NY USA
Well I'm making progress but may have hit a roadblock so now seems as good a time as any for an update.

I've pulled the top cover (under the seat) to gain access to the oil sump where my cap screw and washers likely threaded out and fell in. I've also removed the rear cover to inspect the gears, bearings and other amazingly easy to lose parts :eek: (Yes, I did find them :D )

Everything looks to be in good condition though I haven't found the cap screw or the two washers, I drained the oil and they didn't fall into the drain pan.

Now for a request that hopefully someone can help me with, I'm using an I&T service book to do the work that covers the B7100 and for most intents seems the same, but putting the shaft back together with the bearings it doesn't seem to be an exact match, so if anyone out there has or could scan an exploded diagram for the B7200 PTO shaft I would very much appreciate it!

I'll be sure to post again if it hit any more snags.

Erik Fellenz

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Erik... this one is for Vic.... for sure. I will be watching and monitoring your progress as you post. Bubba.... you came to the right place for support for sure.

Butch