Kubota b7100d

Richsark

Equipment
Kubota B7100D and rotovator
Mar 23, 2014
Sark, Channel Islands, UK
Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum and the b7100, I got it about three weeks ago payed £600 about 1000 US dollars, I think I payed too much for her, she starts ok a bit smokey and some tappet noise the bonnet and mudguards are rusty and really rough. Since I got her I've changed the oils and filters. And rotivated about one acre of quite hard ground no problem. My plan for this tractor are work it and restore as I go along. I'm not much of a mechanic but I like to get stuck in.
So if anyone can give me some advise on this machine It will be much appreciated, I'm going to give it a pressure wash tomorrow and get started.
Thanks everyone bye :)

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Welcome to OTT Rich...

If it were me, the first thing I would do is purchase a complete set of manuals for the B7100.

You would want the Operator's Manual, the Illustrated Parts List manual & the infamous WSM (Workshop Manual). They will go a long way in keeping it running great and well maintained. These manuals have greatly helped me with my B7100D. OTT is also the best place to get excellent help.

Good luck with your new purchase... :D
Almost forgot... Photos - we love photos, lots of photos !!!

PS: manuals for all your accessories would be a big plus too.

Last edited:

Richsark

Equipment
Mar 23, 2014
Hi Dan
Thanks for reply, I've got the owners manual and I've just ordered the workshop manual on CD. I will post some photographs tomorrow, it looks really rough

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Welcome to OTT Rich, nice to see another uk based member ( allbeit at the outer fringes on sark;):cool:) .
I too have a b7100 and they are great:cool::D, you wont be disapointed but you may find it takes longer to restore it than you think, they eat up your free time sometimes with very little progress on some parts, anyway enjoy ownership and tinkering etc.
i have UK manuals etc and parts list/spec if you need them just drop me a line, also have quite a few spares here if needbe.

rgds
rob

Richsark

Equipment
Mar 23, 2014
Hi Rob
Thanks for reply, my b7100 is cosmetically rough to say the least so I will be on the look out for some bodywork.
At the moment I need to take out the injectors cos there leaking from the seat and I will need the copper seal washers, but I don't know what size they are or were to get them from, have you any ideas on these?
Regards Rich

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi Rich , i have updated your other thread ;)

Are you 100% its leaking at that point and not further up around the fuel overflow linkages and then running down.

rob

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Ah yes, i had a similar problem with both my previous B7100 & B6000, i was pushed for time so removal and refitting /bleeding system etc wasnt an option.
What i tried was this, i loosened the injector a bit, not a lot but enough to free up the copper washer and then retightened securely, but not over doing it.
started it up and rechecked all 3 injectors, no leaks and job done.

when i rebuilt the engine all 3 were replaced neadless to say.

rob

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi Rich, just been thinking and i am curious, is your new orange friend a uk/euro spec machine or other source of manafacture.

I would think that agri equipment could end up on sark from numerous locations.

rob

Richsark

Equipment
Mar 23, 2014
Hi Rob
I'm not sure of its origin, what do I look for to identify it.
Oh she not orange yet:( it's been painted about five different colours on top of the old orange

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
If is a UK/euro spec machine it will have the square rear light clusters with side lights and indicators, also same arrangement of the sides of bonnet at front.
US spec and grey imports have only rear flashers which are round and no front side lights.
This one easy I'd method proveded it has them.

Richsark

Equipment
Mar 23, 2014
It's been a few years since it had rear and side lights:) also the original mudguards have long since gone, it seams to have some home cooked ones now a bit rusty but not a bad job. There is a engine plate with number ext