Kubota 2750 Snow Blower

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
Could you just swap out the fan to one with a CW rotation? I don't know if the augers can be reversed, never had to try this.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
Now were back to the old theory..... does a mid mounted mower work better or does it belong in front or rear ? Does a reverser know where it belongs ? If it is on a green tractor or blue ? Hay elevator or escavator ? Snow blowers are formed pieces of metal painted different colors with various drive systems. They have no soul and no calling of a certain group. The reason hundreds of gear boxes are available is because there are many applications. To your way of thinking a 32 Ford can not be brought to life with a Chevrolet engine. I believe you may run into a slight problem with that belief.
I find a certain challenge making useful equipment from parts of various manufacturers. I didn't feel the loader for my Deere had adequate size hydraulic rams or lift high enough. I built my own with these two deficientcies in mind. Now I have what I need for my particular application.
So you see Eric the square and round stock have their places in minds of people with set applications. My steel rack is full of ideas I haven't even thought of yet. Don't get me wrong... I am always open to ideas, but I will never be restricted by color, size, or shape.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
Could you just swap out the fan to one with a CW rotation? I don't know if the augers can be reversed, never had to try this.
Like I mentioned in a prior post. A JD gearbox, not including the fan or labor to make it is over $800.00. The fan is a real minor piece to the equation. Getting a proper gear box to operate the auger, fan and drive system free of vibration and lined up properly so the drive chain remains on track will be the major task.
I believe it is good to have a " brain teaser " rolling around in your head searching for a solution. It stimulates brain activity knowing a solution will bring about the change you desire. The thought process is an amazing tool.

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
If you look at the BX2750 from the front the shoot is on the left hand side, if you look at the JD 47 snow blower which is made for your 4110, from the front the shoot is on the right hand side. This indicates to me opposite rotations for the PTO's. From looking at parts diagrams for each I don't see anything internally that reverse the fans.

It appears front mount John Deere and front mount Kubota attachments can't be swapped.

CBMAMF5

Equipment
B2630, Loader, Scraper, Snowblower
Apr 19, 2011
Sauk Rapids, MN
Hi

Still working this problem over...found this company on the web (of course). They make a variety of equipment. The main thing is they stock parts for what they make. The picture looks like it has the reverser you need. Now it depends on how small of a subassembly they will let you buy. Kind of a tough nut to crack at a reasonable price. Good Luck! Let us know when you figure it out!

Company Link: http://lorenzmfg.com/front_mount_kits.htm

Attachments

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
If you look at the BX2750 from the front the shoot is on the left hand side, if you look at the JD 47 snow blower which is made for your 4110, from the front the shoot is on the right hand side. This indicates to me opposite rotations for the PTO's. From looking at parts diagrams for each I don't see anything internally that reverse the fans.

It appears front mount John Deere and front mount Kubota attachments can't be swapped.
As soon as I locate a reverse gear box I will show just how compatable they are.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
Hi

Still working this problem over...found this company on the web (of course). They make a variety of equipment. The main thing is they stock parts for what they make. The picture looks like it has the reverser you need. Now it depends on how small of a subassembly they will let you buy. Kind of a tough nut to crack at a reasonable price. Good Luck! Let us know when you figure it out!

Company Link: http://lorenzmfg.com/front_mount_kits.htm
They are driving a front mount snow blower with the rear PTO and a drop shaft to the front. This will not work for my application because the rear is 540 rpm and the mid pto is 2100 rpm. I could drive mine from the rear with no problem but it would not turn the assembly fast enough.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
So it seems to me with the information given you do in deed have a grey market snower blower. ALL Kubota North American models their PTO's trun in the clock wise rotation and can use any and all the same impliments from other manufactures. Kubota tractors that are built for the Japanese market their PTO's turn in the counter clock wise rotation. There is a pretty good chance that a snower blower from the Japan market for exported and sold here in the U.S. Alot of the {for a lack of a better term} were shipped here to the U.S. and "rebaded" as Kubota N/A models to try and blen in or fool unknowing buyers into thinking they have American models. To get a better understanding of this read the lengthy article about Kubota tractors and how the grey market tractors were imported to the U.S. and then banned!

I'm hoping Service Dept Vic see this and chimes in soon to help clear things up, he's usually really good with the varations of Kubota.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
If this is in fact true the previous owner must have bought a grey market tractor ( with the ccw pto ). It is strange he purchased a NEW replacement snowblower that works on the old tractor making the 2012 snow blower grey market ????????? He did not buy a gear reverser so I will visit him and see how this works out. ( maybe the dealer can specify several specifications )
By the way... the other owners that chimed in.... they all bought grey market tractors / blowers too ?
Again I am new to the Kubota color.... But Eric seems to have alot of insight to the company standards.
Will the real expert step forward and give us some tangible facts.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'd say start with this. Collect as much info you can about the snow blower, make, model, serial number, and anything else you can find to indentify it and check with a Kubota dealer on what exactly it is you have. Any North American dealer should be able to tell you for sure if its a foregin or American made blower just from the serial number.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
You have a chain drive on that blower from the drive shaft to the fan shaft. A little ingenuity and a couple of strategically placed idler sprockets will get you a reverse drive! That is what I did on a 2552 blower from a b7200 when I installed it onto my F2560 tractor. works great! third winter now with no problems.
Ed

CBMAMF5

Equipment
Apr 19, 2011
Sauk Rapids, MN
Eric...I believe that saying all Japanese Kubota's turn CCW is incorrect. In the myth section on this site they post the following: Myth #7: The PTO Turns the Wrong Way
PTOs typically rotate clockwise. Both the PTO and the implement being driven must turn the same direction. There are only two Japanese tractors where the PTO turns counter-clockwise: the Kubota B6000 and the Mitsubishi Satoh Beaver. So, this myth is only true in the case of the B6000 which is an example of a very early Kubota B-Series model.

CBMAMF5

Equipment
Apr 19, 2011
Sauk Rapids, MN
Hey Marine, I reread your original post...have you actually hooked everything up and verified the fan is running backward on your blower under power? Don't mean to insult, your original post seems to indicate you didn't get that far.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
First off I'm going to say thanks for the service you've given our country in the past, and something I've learned is something that's shining through with your determination: no such thing as a former Marine, once you're one of the few you're always one of the best forever! :)

I think you have 2 problems to address and need to keep in mind as you're searching for the right parts to turn it around. Not only will you have to reverse the direction ( still having problems fathoming that it's actually backwards from what your JD is to begin with ) but your going to have to also cut the rpm in half too. The Kubota's run at 1000rpm on the mid mount and you've said your JD is 2100rpm. Speed on a mower deck is one thing, but on a snowblower running that fast could be a disaster.

That said in my experience many years ago running a seismic drilling rig we had several different hydralic pumps, mud pumps, winches etc and the entire rig was driven off the truck via pto off the transmission. Many of the auxillary tools had transmissions that were couple to the various tool so you could set the speed and rotation by changing the different gear boxes. I've seen the same setups on other types of equipment so I'd be finding a salvage yard that has all kinds of different equipment where you might find some of the peices needed to build what you need. A small divorced ( able to feed either end with a drive shaft ) transfer case would probably get the speed cut in half if it were off from a small 4 wheel drive pickup etc that had a high and low range, then couple that to a transmision that would give you the reverse needed to change rotation. My old Power King Economy tractor has the dual transmission set up for instance, and the blower up front is driven by an electric pto clutch off the front of the engine by belt which turns a shaft that goes into a gear box which has a drive shaft that goes off the side to turn the power gear from the chain drive auger rotator. Whew, sorry for the long winded speach LOL!
You're going to have some sort of under carriage to pick the blower up and down with and will need to have some shafts that slide when coupled to connect the drive shaft(s) for powering it too.
Tired

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
So thats the prognosis on this doctor?!?!
First of all, this is a FRONT snowblower and FRONT pto. While there is an industry standard regarding REAR pto's there is no companion standard re the front PTO. Kubota use a unique pto spline for their front pto common only to Kubota's and some old IH tractors. The Front pto on the "B" and "BX" tractors run clockwise and the front PTO on "L" and "F" Kubota's run counterclockwise. The front pto on current Kubota's run at 2100 rpm ( some older ones, F2100 and F2400 for example have a 1000 rpm as well) On my F2560 with a CCW shaft turning at 2100 rpm I had to install two idler sprockets and run the chain around them such that my blower fan is turning opposite to the PTO shaft so I could use a snowblower designed for a "B" tractor. It wasn't hard to do on my blower because I had room, the BX2750 may be more or less difficult to do but I'm sure it is doable.
Your snowblower is not a grey market, it was built in the good old USA!
ED

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
Yes sir... I hooked it up and it did spin the wrong direction. Looking at the chute for the exit snow it is pitched to the right ( standing behind it ) and this is the only direction it will work properly.
I did drive to a kubota dealer and asked the parts person what gives with this arrangement. It so happens he had the same blower on a Kubota tractor. We lifted the hood and soon realized on the smaller hp tractors the engine is turned 180 degrees. The drive is off the crankshaft in place of a mid pto. The opposite drive is due to the engine mounted backwards which is transfered to the snow blower.
So it has nothing to do with grey market.... just the position of the engine mounting.
While the snowblower drive system is in limbo ( the search for a reverser that will meet all requirements ) I have ordered a new Ellis 1600 bandsaw. I have collected most of the necessary parts to build a 12' dump trailer which is next on my list. The snowblower solution will come to me while I am planning / building the trailer. My thought process sometimes lags in the distance but usually comes through after a complete elimination of endless posibilities.
A PTO powered grass vacuum collection system is also on the rear burner. This will be completed by next fall as pine needles were hand raked for the last time.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
It's not that simple. I receive pleasure and cost savings by reinventing the wheel. I have a plan by using my 540 pto and a series of three shafts to increase speed to obtain 3000 rpm. I have a free blower housing, impeller, chute and bearings to start this venture.
The project list just keeps getting longer but it gives me time to think about possible senarios for construction ideas. My wheaten terrier also keeps a watchful eye out for trouble. Mostly he is part of the planning department because he spends alot of time " dreaming up ideas ". Incidently he was born on the marine corps birthday, Nov. 10.