Key Start Fuse?

Thorny

Equipment
L2501 HST, 4x4, FEL, front snow blade, rotary cutter, box blade
Sep 24, 2016
Mountains of CO
While out plowing snow yesterday my L2501 engine died, and it would not start again. I found a blown 5amp key start fuse, replaced it and the tractor fired right up.

Knowing I've probably got a short somewhere, I'm wondering which electronics are powered on the 5amp key start circuit? Does anyone know?

The only bare wires I know of on the tractor are the ones for the seat pressure safety switch, which I have disabled. Could a short in those wires have blown that fuse?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
While out plowing snow yesterday my L2501 engine died, and it would not start again. I found a blown 5amp key start fuse, replaced it and the tractor fired right up.

Knowing I've probably got a short somewhere, I'm wondering which electronics are powered on the 5amp key start circuit? Does anyone know?

The only bare wires I know of on the tractor are the ones for the seat pressure safety switch, which I have disabled. Could a short in those wires have blown that fuse?

Yep that might do it, as the 5 amp fuse controls the OPC computer, and the wiring for the seat switch goes to the OPC.

Really bad idea to eliminate those safety features.

Last edited: