Is your home security wireless?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was told one time that a person that doesn't like dogs has no soul, but then again she was trying to sell me one

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
A friend had a continuous cassette(yeah that old...) of a mad dog barking that'd come on,inside the house when the alarm system was triggered,instead of the usual sirens. Couple 'beware of dog' signs as well.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
I honestly would have to question anyone who didn't like dogs. There is a reason they are referred to as "man's best friend" - because they truly are.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
I honestly would have to question anyone who didn't like dogs. There is a reason they are referred to as "man's best friend" - because they truly are.
Dogs are dirty, noisy, smelly, slobbery and dangerous, the exact opposite of a clean, quiet, affectionate, loyal cat. Cats know cat people which is why people who aren't cat people think that cats are not affectionate and loyal. I can't recall the last time I read in the news of a baby being killed by the family cat, but you read of dogs killing babies quite regularly.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Dogs are dirty, noisy, smelly, slobbery and dangerous, the exact opposite of a clean, quiet, affectionate, loyal cat. Cats know cat people which is why people who aren't cat people think that cats are not affectionate and loyal. I can't recall the last time I read in the news of a baby being killed by the family cat, but you read of dogs killing babies quite regularly.
Not sure what planet you live on?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I can understand your dislike of dogs based on how describe them.

My experience is most animals quickly discern the attitude of humans that are around them to determine their acceptance...dogs cats, horses, cattle... Takes time and effort on the human's part if they want to change those they don't like.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
But then again, when was the last time you ever heard of a cat, protecting you from a bad guy? Asking for a friend ;)

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
But then again, when was the last time you ever heard of a cat, protecting you from a bad guy? Asking for a friend ;)
I've seen cats protecting children multiple times including chasing off aggressive dogs and snakes.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
My first cat, Wiley, would attack on command. yeah, everyone thought I was pulling their leg, one day friend comes by, great dog lover, said 'BS...', I said 'Wiley, git him'. Out of nowhere Wiley appeared ,took a swipe at friend...boy was he SURPRISED.....bought me lunch and said 'sorry'.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I saw this short news report today and I started thinking about my home security system. I have a wireless home security system and I suspect that many on this forum have one also. I am now rethinking my home security system and maybe go to a hard wire system. If anyone knows of anything that can be done to prevent a jammer like the one being used in this short video from disabling a wireless home security system, please let us know.

Sadly, that article is from one of my areas local papers.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada

(n)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We have one cat and we've had as many as 13 wolves and wolfdogs, currently at 7.

Yes wolves can be a bit much for most but they are great for me, and yes they live in the house, and have 2 doggy doors to go in and out as they see fit.
Wolves and wolf dogs can be hard on anything they want to "play with".
But none of them have really done much damage, a remote that got in the way, or an occasional shoe that they liked ended up in the yard.

Now lets get back to the CAT, love that little shit, she just decided to move in as a stray kitten years ago, she did a great job at keeping the mice out of the new house during the build so she earned her keep.
Then we moved in, she has shredded the dinning room chairs, the couch, and the bar stools.
We are talking utter destruction!

If she wasn't so darn cute I'd send her packing!
Oh and she walks and plays around the wolfs without a care in the world, sadly they are a little afraid of her! :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Funny, we had a 147 pound lab/Great Dane ? mix dog years ago.

He was terrified of the 9 pound tortoiseshell calico cat.

He was a great judge of character…..😳😳

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
We have one cat and we've had as many as 13 wolves and wolfdogs, currently at 7.

Yes wolves can be a bit much for most but they are great for me, and yes they live in the house, and have 2 doggy doors to go in and out as they see fit.
Wolves and wolf dogs can be hard on anything they want to "play with".
But none of them have really done much damage, a remote that got in the way, or an occasional shoe that they liked ended up in the yard.

Now lets get back to the CAT, love that little shit, she just decided to move in as a stray kitten years ago, she did a great job at keeping the mice out of the new house during the build so she earned her keep.
Then we moved in, she has shredded the dinning room chairs, the couch, and the bar stools.
We are talking utter destruction!

If she wasn't so darn cute I'd send her packing!
Oh and she walks and plays around the wolfs without a care in the world, sadly they are a little afraid of her! :oops:
Maybe she needs one of those scratching polls, or a couple of those mice toys from WalMart?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Maybe she needs one of those scratching polls, or a couple of those mice toys from WalMart?
We have multiples of both toys, catnip, scratch posts by the thousands, literally we have thousands of trees and she climbs them all the time.
I tried the indoor scratch posts too and she laughed at them and still rips up the furniture!

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
We have multiples of both toys, catnip, scratch posts by the thousands, literally we have thousands of trees and she climbs them all the time.
I tried the indoor scratch posts too and she laughed at them and still rips up the furniture!
have you tried getting her a book on lycanthropy?

• Haha