Iowa is green.. Where is it orange?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I’m not trying to be argumentive…. but a Bill of Sale or Paid Invoice does the same thing if it identifies the name of the buyer….without any gov’t interference.

Titles are and can be counterfeited all the time by crooks…. and can appear to be “notarized” …they must be confirmed/validated by a “Title Search” ….just like real estate or any other real property.
I'm not trying to be argumentative either, but if a title or Bill of Sale doesn't prove ownership then what does?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I'm not trying to be argumentative either, but if a title or Bill of Sale doesn't prove ownership then what does?
I agree…a piece of paper doesn’t “prove” ownership. Possession…and history of possession …with a record of having paid for it ….Does.… A Title does not prove payment. A Bill of Sale does. In-fact…Most Titles require proof of payment in order to suppoort issueance of the title document.
Soo… I believe the Title is helpful…but the Bill of sale…which is a record of the transaction of the transfer of ownership…. is more “basic” as a document of ownership.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user