Intermittent problem with raising/lowering the loader

Acavet

Equipment
BX23
Feb 5, 2016
Cottonwood
Im having intermittent problems with raising/lowering the loader on my tractor and was wondering if anyone has any ideas what the problem might be?

I have a BX23 tractor with about 700 hours on it.

A few weeks ago I started having a problem after a few minutes of operation. When I pulled the lever all the way back to raise the bucket like I always did the bucket wouldn't move. When I pulled it partially back it would raise slowly but couldn't handle any kind of load. I also was unable to lower the bucket unless I pushed the lever full forward into float mode. The next day when I went out to try and trouble shoot the problem again it worked fine for about and hour then started doing the same thing.

I talked to my local dealer, he said he never heard of this kind of failure to operate, anyone have any ideas??

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Check your 3 point hitch control.i may be all the way up and affecting loader hydraulics. Also if hydraulic control is cable operated you may want to inspect linkage.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
If you have a rear remote make certain it is in the center position. Many hydraulic items such as 3 pt, remotes and FEL are in series in the hydraulic circuit so that if one is dumping the hydraulic fluid back to the reservoir there may not be enough left over for the FEL to work properly.
I assume you have checked fluid levels.
If you have a joystick type control for the FEL check both ends of all cables to ensure their outer jackets are firmly connected.
You dont mention concurrent problems with the bucket cylinders. Is this part of the system OK?
You could try swapping the quick connects for the lift arms and bucket curl cylinders when the problem appears. Just unplug them and re plug them into the other port to see if the problem remains. Dont try and do any work with the FEL as this would be confusing and dangerous
Dave M7040

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A simple, quick check is to remove your quick disconnects and re connect them. It may be you have one not completely connected, it just looks like it is.

Ropeman43

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501
Feb 7, 2016
Flagstaff, AZ
I had the same problem on my old BX2350. I agree with D2CAT..... I check my connectors and found one of them had come loose, snapped them back together and the loader worked as advertised! Hope it helped.

Acavet

Equipment
BX23
Feb 5, 2016
Cottonwood
Fluid level is OK, backhoe controls are in the neutral position and I disconnected and reconnected the lines going to the loader control stick the other day, the bucket still refused to go up and down then......

Today I used it for about an hour and it worked fine.