Intermittent FEL operation

rockfortier

Equipment
b2650
Jul 3, 2024
ontario
I've got a 2015 B2620 and my FEL is sometimes not responsive to raising. Curl function works fine
I switched the FEL hoses to the curl function and same issue and when I try I can see a small leak at the connection point to the cylinder (not the rod end) if I relieve the "up" pressure the leaks stops, its like the cylinder is locked in position.
The funny thing is if I restart the tractor everything works fine until I attempt to load/lift something heavy.
(and yes my 3point hitch is on lowest setting)

Rock

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I've got a 2015 B2620 and my FEL is sometimes not responsive to raising. Curl function works fine
I switched the FEL hoses to the curl function and same issue and when I try I can see a small leak at the connection point to the cylinder (not the rod end) if I relieve the "up" pressure the leaks stops, its like the cylinder is locked in position.
The funny thing is if I restart the tractor everything works fine until I attempt to load/lift something heavy.
(and yes my 3point hitch is on lowest setting)

Rock
Your symptoms are indicative of a bad coupler on the rod end of the lift cylinder hose.

I would suggest you put all hoses back in their original positions and concentrate on verifying the operation of the return circuit and lift cylinders.

To do that disconnect the rod end hose at the loader valve and remove the coupler from the hose. Put the end of the hose in a bucket, start tractor, and see if the lift works.

Dan

Last edited:

rockfortier

Equipment
b2650
Jul 3, 2024
ontario
Your symptoms are indicative of a bad coupler on the rod end of the lift cylinder hose.

I would suggest you put all hoses back in their original positions and concentrate on verifying the operation of the return circuit and lift cylinders.

To do that disconnect the rod end hose at the loader valve and remove the coupler from the hose. Put the end of the hose in a bucket, start tractor, and see if the lift works.

Dan
Thanks Dan,
I'm unsure I did this right but I reconnected the quick connect hoses at the right spot. I disconnected the hose at the rod end of the lift cylinder and started the engine and tried to lift and oil was pouring out of the hose onto bucket and also out of cylinder when lowering.
I would have expected this anyway because the issue resets itself after I shut off engine and wait 2-3 minutes. I.e. after doing the disconnect I reconnected everything and was able to lift bucket, I went to pick up a load and it would work. I shut off engine and waited 3 minutes, restarted and it was now working but just for 1 lift.

Rock

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am confused. There should not be any oil coming out of the hose when lowering.

First step was disconnect the rod end quick coupler at the valve.

Second step was remove the quick coupler half thats on the end of the hose.

Next step was operate loader:

First time up you will get oil. No oil when going down

Second time up little or no oil. No oil going down

Third time up little or no oil. No oil going down.

Is that what you did?

Dan

Last edited:

rockfortier

Equipment
b2650
Jul 3, 2024
ontario
Thanks Dan,
I am confused. There should not be any oil coming out of the hose when lowering.

First step was disconnect the rod end quick coupler at the valve.

Second step was remove the quick coupler half thats on the end of the hose.

Next step was operate loader:

First time up you will get oil. No oil when going down

Second time up little or no oil. No oil going down

Third time up little or no oil. No oil going down.

Is that what you did?

Dan
I obviously misread your instructions but have done so now.
I swithched the female connectors on the hoses and problem still was on the lift function.
I then switched male connectors from curl/lift functions have isolated the bad connector.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rock