Installing woods rotary mower

Jfay

Oct 12, 2010
Northeast MA
It just takes a little time to get used to how to do it. Make sure your pto is well greased (tractor and shaft ends). Align the shaft with the pto and turn either the shaft or the pto until the keys in the shaft align. I find it is usually easier to turn the pto. Slide the shaft partway onto the pto. You will need to push in the button on the shaft or pull back the circular end depending on the model you have before the shaft will fully slide in and lock into place.

RxDiesel

Equipment
2007 L2800 HST
Oct 26, 2010
Fayette Co., Georgia
What Jfay said, as far as the PTO shaft goes. My Woods 'classic' deck has the ring around the PTO connection you pull toward you as you push the mower's drive shaft onto the PTO. Its often stubborn, even with grease and repetition. Can also be a pain to remove. I've only been dealing with PTOs and 3 pt. hitches for the three years since moving to our little horse property, and have been surprised by how much muscle, leverage, and angling I have to do to connect heavy implements to the hitches and the PTO. Its the least-fun part of tractor ops .....