Injection pump

5starautotech

Equipment
L245
Apr 9, 2019
Dodge city ks usa
I have a l245dt has been running fine since I've owned it , I started it yesterday and it revved up over 3000 rpm and I dont know why it died after about 20 seconds and will not start since, I checked fuel to the injection pump and it is fine , but cracked the line to the injectors and have no fuel. I'm guessing I need an injection pump, any other ideas ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a l245dt has been running fine since I've owned it , I started it yesterday and it revved up over 3000 rpm and I dont know why it died after about 20 seconds and will not start since, I checked fuel to the injection pump and it is fine , but cracked the line to the injectors and have no fuel. I'm guessing I need an injection pump, any other ideas ?
Pumps just don't go out, there is a fuel issue!

#1 when I hear this is fuel contamination, gasoline to be precise.
Other things contaminating the fuel can cause this too.

When did you fuel it last and are you 100% sure it was clean diesel?

When the fuel gets contaminated it can make the rack stick open.

Next slight possibility is a linkage issue to the throttle either internal or externally.

vauxhall

Equipment
B1502DT
Mar 6, 2019
Germany
Add-on question: is it still necessary to use the mesh filter in the tank inlet? Isn‘t the main fuel filter sufficient? I‘m usually refueling at a gas station, not in the woods.

Thanks for letting me hijack this.
Tom

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
That mesh help keep foreign objects (leaves, sticks) out of the tank. I imagine that the nozzle of the pump is problematic with the mesh filter though.

I would remove it if using a pump nozzle but put it back as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk