In Cab condensation issues

mtnplower

Equipment
Kubota L5740
Jul 15, 2022
Sierra Nevadas
Does anyone else have issues with condensation inside their cab windows during winter? 10-30 degrees

It gets really bad making visibility poor

What are your suggestions to fix this?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
no, no cab

but...

1) turn up the heat

2) remove as much water( snow and ice) as possible

3) put fan on high

4) open window at top a crack, if possible

Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Does anyone else have issues with condensation inside their cab windows during winter? 10-30 degrees

It gets really bad making visibility poor

What are your suggestions to fix this?
Condensation is happening because of a lack of outdoor air coming into the cab and flushing out the moisture from your breath and sweat.
Your cab has two air filters. Make certain the outside filter is not plugged with snow or dirt.
The HVAC control has a lever to select recirculated or fresh air. Control needs to be in the fresh air position in cold weather. Recirc is for max AC.
forum L5740 condensation.jpg

Dave

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is your A/C working properly?
Recirculating air is one reason, but The A/C working makes the condenser, condense the moisture on the coil and remove it from the air hence dries the air out.

Reactions: 2 users

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Check airflow amount. If filter is clogged, the condition could force the intake from fresh to recirc .
The air intake needs to be in fresh.
Not sure if cab tractors turn on the A/C or not when heating or defrosting. Cars and trucks do this to dry out the intake air before heating it up. If all seems to be OK as far as airflow amount, direction and temperature, you can apply Rain-X to the inside of the windows.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Also point the vents towards the windows. Also I keep my back window open about a inch.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
A/C should NOT be able to come on below a certain temperature(40*F ?? ) ! The mfr of the A/C systems determines that.

What may help, is to put on high heat- recirc mode to get the cabin warm/hot, then crack open a window, put on 'fresh air', to get rid of the moist air.
'recirced' cabin air gets hotter, faster than always new, frigid outside air , so this should 'clear out the moisture faster.The less snow you bring in on your boots and coat, the less condensation you'll have.
I had to scrape off the ice on the INSIDE of my CJ-5 windshield until someone said 'knock off your snowy boots'.......

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Simply try turning on the Air Conditioning(AC).
It's probably all you need to do!
Above suggestions also apply as well.
Good Luck!
Exactly what I do. Works great. You can see here in this link, they even recommend it for your vehicle.

War Eagle

Equipment
2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
I carry a small hand towel on a hook in my cab and when I first start to work and the condensation starts to show up I give it a quick wipe down and usually only have to do that once and then the system is up and running and takes care of the condensation after that.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Simply try turning on the Air Conditioning (AC).
It's probably all you need to do!
Above suggestions also apply as well.
Good Luck!
This is the same as is done in cars these days but is automatic when turned to defrost mode. Heat and A/C on at the same time. They used to have ambient stats back in the day that kept the A/C off below a certain temperature and defrost was heat only. Use to destroy compressor seals as they would dry up over the winter from lack of use.