Implement conversion to 3 pt hitch

drueke

Equipment
BX2370
My first 'enhancement' for my BX2370. I have some attachments that I bought to use with the JD L130 lawn tractor several years ago. Used 'em but wasn't real happy with their performance.

I bought a 2" receiver 3 pt hitch for the tractor so I could use these attachments. First was the Brinly tow-behind aerator. Got some 2x2x1/4 square tube then wondered h0ow the hell am I gonna cut this stuff. A web search said use your Sawsall - worked great! Then a couple holes to mount it in the receiver and mount the tray for the aerator to the tube.

I've used concrete blocks as ballast before but they were always sliding around and eventually off the tray even with straps so this time I filled the bottom, full sized blocks with concrete and bolted them and the cap blocks to the tray.
Just finished aerating the lawn (about 2 acres) and the ballast never moved! Works great and I'm a happy camper.

So far all drilling and cutting - no welding - don't know how (yet).

I know, no pics = it didn't happen or doesn't exist so here ya go.

Attachments

Last edited:

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
glad it works great, nothing like "moving" ballast, that is why I built a frame around my steel 3pt ballast for the BX