Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Gotta send a man to do a man's work.

Lately I have found it easier for me to phone my Son and/or Grandsons to help da ole man. ;)
IMG_4732.JPG

My two youngest grandsons.
IMG_4730.JPG

The youngest seen on the left is now taller than his older brother.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I was a mechanic for quite a few year I have tools I rarely use anymore as I mostly just fix my own stuff now. But every once in a while I still pull out the beast of a 1” ratchet I have. It’s gotta weight10-15lbs and it’s older than I am.
Since I got rid of my trucks, I have sold off most of the big tools, a couple of 1" impacts and a bunch of sockets, regular, impact and wheel bearing types up to 4 1/2". One was a Williams 3 5/8" 1" drive socket that we bought probably 50 years ago that we only used once to take a nut off something on an old IH TD-24 dozer. Also have a dual wheel dollie for pulling duals off trucks and trailers, and a 1 ton Snap-On transmission jack. I've advertised them several times and never had a nibble.
I still have a 1/2 drawer full of 3/4" sockets, extensions, an AT750 Snap-On 3/4" drive impact and a Snap-On ratchet head with 24" and 36" handles. Probably never use them again, but wouldn't get much for them if I sold them. When I die, someone will probably get a good deal.
I even found a couple of injector timing sticks for DD Series 60 engines in the top drawer of my tool box. I sold all my DD 71 series tools to a farmer that has a couple of trucks with DDs in them.
It's amazing to see all the tools I've collected over the years.

Reactions: 1 user