I have that NEW tractor smell

plygph

Equipment
L3800DT LA524 Loader Land Pride RCR1860 Cutter
Apr 10, 2015
New Orleans LA
I have just joined the Orange Tractor Family by taking delivery of my brand spankin' new L3800DT last Friday. It has taken me a week to slow down long enough to to post about it here, and yes I know the rules so photos are included.

Attachments

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Must be one of the few remaining 2013's being sold new out there...

Congrats and welcome to the family!

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to OTT from Alabama. Congrats on the new tractor. What was tractor with cab?

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
I have just joined the Orange Tractor Family by taking delivery of my brand spankin' new L3800DT last Friday. It has taken me a week to slow down long enough to to post about it here, and yes I know the rules so photos are included.
if you don't mind me asking what was your OTD price, did you pay taxes on it or tax free, and what did you get with it? PM if you'd like.

plygph

Equipment
Apr 10, 2015
New Orleans LA
No I don't mind posting on here what I paid the OTD price with tax was 25k. Tractor with loader and QD bucket was 21320. While I know that I could have saved money by buying from one of those other dealers and having it delivered if they had a L38 but I wanted to buy from the local dealer since he is the guy I would have to see for service and parts.

I work part time at a marine dealership started there when it was owned by my sister and her husband under them we always took care of the customers who took care of us ahead of those who purchased elsewhere. We also worked hard to convert those customers into OUR customers for their next purchases.

I also know that the cheapest price is not always the best deal..... Customer service and doing the little things right mean a lot as well. I got that from the place I located my tractor at my salesman who is the owner was a straight shooter with me no games and his prices never changed since the first time I contacted him in July NO GAMES called back when he said he would at the time of delivery went over the tractor loaded it on the trailer. Called me that night to check on me to see how it was going and did I have any questions or issues. Then he called again the next day. You know I wish I could post the name of MY dealer on here but the rules don't allow it so I will make it personal Thanks Bill for everything.
Oh by the way he was not my local dealer he is 45 miles to the east. The local guy salesman played all kind of games, showed me the 39 then after a week when I encounter the 38 claimed to have had one one the lot that he never showed me quoted one price claimed to have sale pending promised to call never did went back to him several times price and story kept changing would never call back I always made contact with him. I all but begged to take the money from my pocket because this dealership was 20 minutes from the house.

Bottom line I purchased my tractor from the dealer I was supposed to and if any one is interested he has several more L3800 and other tier 3 equipment in crates waiting for new homes PM me and I will give you his inf.

Thank you Bill

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Gee I don't know of anything that says you cannot post the name of a dealer that gives you a good deal and is a stand up guy.. I think KUDOS to that dealer is a good thing.
Like wise a dealer that's a jerk should also be pointed out as well. Just MHO you understand

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Welcome to OTT!
Great tractor! I for one love gears and R1's. Now the real fun starts - getting something heavy and handy for the rear end to counter the loader up front. Most of us like 600-1000 lbs in the back if we are doing anything serious with the FEL...

plygph

Equipment
Apr 10, 2015
New Orleans LA
Gee I don't know of anything that says you cannot post the name of a dealer that gives you a good deal and is a stand up guy.. I think KUDOS to that dealer is a good thing.
Like wise a dealer that's a jerk should also be pointed out as well. Just MHO you understand
No rules about posting the dealers name, then I stand corrected I adopted mine from Cooper Truck Center in Monroe LA.