I have just got to vent here

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Tax software is only as good as the information you put in. Very easy to put something in the wrong place and still get a good to go. Sounds like you made an honest mistake and the IRS computer picked it up.
I know a few families around here that would love to make enough to have to pay 13 grand in taxes.9
The well head price of NG has gone from $1.30 to a biscuit under $7.00 and my monthly royalty checks are 5X what they were 6 months ago. Thank you Vlad.

Dan

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Nice up to the point... I am sure that 'girl' is making millions and was just delighted to have you rant at her. It's not her fault. I am sure her bill went up also.
and that nice lady's JOB is to sit there and listen to people's concerns. She don't like it? Find something else to do. I've done that job. No fun but it pays bills.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
lugbolt,,, I am nice with people I know they have a job and families and bills to pay too. I would suck as a customer service rep I know that. I just got lit when she said the billing had almost doubled. Look I know things go up and the company has to make the share holders happy. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around how much it went up and if there was any kind of public comment from the PUC, they surely didnt let anybody know.
But like the man said what choice do we have, none I just had to bitch.
Yall stay safe and have a most wonderful Christmas

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
In Connecticut, the attorney general said that he was going to investigate the increases in electrical costs and was attempting to get the other states that also are served by National Grid to join him. It made for a great boost in his popularity, but after that announcement, there was no follow-up action taken. This past fall the tree trimmers have been cutting back all of the trees to keep them away from the wires during storms, but they left standing a large dead pine tree that is leaning toward the wires. Last winter another one just like it in the same area took down the electrical, telephone, and cable wires along with an adjoining property line fence. I predict that this winter this tree will do the same and we will be without service until they get around to fixing it. The last time the fire department stayed on the scene until the power company came to do the repair since the wires were still live. About 10 years back, there were so many trees down along with the wires that we were without power for 10 days, and 2 weeks before it was a 7-day outage. That was when I decided that we needed a whole-house generator. Since then our outages have been 12 - 18 hours till power was restored.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
In Connecticut, the attorney general said that he was going to investigate the increases in electrical costs and was attempting to get the other states that also are served by National Grid to join him. It made for a great boost in his popularity, but after that announcement, there was no follow-up action taken. This past fall the tree trimmers have been cutting back all of the trees to keep them away from the wires during storms, but they left standing a large dead pine tree that is leaning toward the wires. Last winter another one just like it in the same area took down the electrical, telephone, and cable wires along with an adjoining property line fence. I predict that this winter this tree will do the same and we will be without service until they get around to fixing it. The last time the fire department stayed on the scene until the power company came to do the repair since the wires were still live. About 10 years back, there were so many trees down along with the wires that we were without power for 10 days, and 2 weeks before it was a 7-day outage. That was when I decided that we needed a whole-house generator. Since then our outages have been 12 - 18 hours till power was restored.
Yea its funny how the tree trimmers pick and choose which trees to limb or take down. Just a few weeks ago they were on my road limbing some potential hazards for the wires. A few days later a tree came down taking out the power in the exact area they were limbing. Guess they missed that one.
Ive noticed when our town workers are called out they do a great job of taking down the potentially hazardous limbs and trees but when these big companies come rolling through they don't seem to give it much mind.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I went and picked up my mail, and along with the other bills one from PEOPLES GAS. 200 bucks for last month and thats with the wood burner going. And well I got my Irish up and called, and was so nice to the girl, up to the point where she told me the price for MCF has doubled, to 8.13 per MCF almost doubled. So proceeded to tell me that they have to buy gas,, yeah I know it is a paper chase on who owns what. And I dont mind them making a buck off me,,, but dayum ,,, rape is all it is,,, thank you joe
Do you remember buying soda pop in glass bottles from vending machines with built in bottle openers? I remember paying 10 cents a bottle. 10 cents would also buy me a bag of chips. A scoop of ice cream was 25 cents.

Considering that inflation is the cost of bad debt, I never understood why governments want to see inflation.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Do you remember buying soda pop in glass bottles from vending machines with built in bottle openers? I remember paying 10 cents a bottle. 10 cents would also buy me a bag of chips. A scoop of ice cream was 25 cents.

Considering that inflation is the cost of bad debt, I never understood why governments want to see inflation.
Because governments pay back their debts with cheaper dollars. What $10 bought 10 years ago, it now takes a lot more than $10 to buy today. When you took out your mortgage 20 years ago and the payment was $200 a month and it took 35% of your income, today seems like a bargain, because it is still $200 a month but it is now only 20% of your income. I hope that this gives some clarity to how governments work. Today there isn't enough wealth in the world to pay back the national debt of the United States and the politicians know that so they keep making the dollar worth less so they can keep paying the debt with cheaper dollars.

Reactions: 2 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA

I remember when my income hit 5 digits for the first time.

• Wow

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Because governments pay back their debts with cheaper dollars. What $10 bought 10 years ago, it now takes a lot more than $10 to buy today. When you took out your mortgage 20 years ago and the payment was $200 a month and it took 35% of your income, today seems like a bargain, because it is still $200 a month but it is now only 20% of your income. I hope that this gives some clarity to how governments work. Today there isn't enough wealth in the world to pay back the national debt of the United States and the politicians know that so they keep making the dollar worth less so they can keep paying the debt with cheaper dollars.
Excellent synopsis Rusty. I was looking for a podcast Dan Bongino had that essentially described it like that.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Yea its funny how the tree trimmers pick and choose which trees to limb or take down. Just a few weeks ago they were on my road limbing some potential hazards for the wires. A few days later a tree came down taking out the power in the exact area they were limbing. Guess they missed that one.
Ive noticed when our town workers are called out they do a great job of taking down the potentially hazardous limbs and trees but when these big companies come rolling through they don't seem to give it much mind.
The power companies can only remove/ trim within the right of way unless they go through a process to get permission to go further. As an example; they have an easement that is 20' wide along the road that backs up to our property. They can trim all they want on that 20'. Thing is, the trees are all 40-60' tall. So if one 20' outside of the easement falls towards the road it will take out the lines.
Now, if they saw a diseased tree like that they would probably knock on my door and ask. But they can't do it unless I grant permission or they file whatever form and get the ok from the county to do it anyway.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Then......You think those 87,000 new agents are going to do.... what?
Fact-Checking the Misleading Claim About 87,000 Tax Agents
The claim, which has been debunked numerous times, has resurged ahead of the midterm elections. Here’s why it’s still wrong.

By Linda Qiu
Nov. 6, 2022
ny times
short copy and paste by mike

These claims are misleading. The 87,000 figure refers to a May 2021 estimate from the Treasury Department of the total number of employees — not just auditors — the I.R.S. proposes to hire over the next 10 years with funding requested by Mr. Biden. And while the I.R.S. plans to conduct more audits, wealthy Americans and businesses will bear the brunt of that scrutiny, not, as Republicans have suggested, working families.

Among the I.R.S.’s work force of about 79,000 employees, 10,000 are actually agents. (Of those, 8,000 are revenue agents who audit tax filings and 2,000 are special agents who investigate potential tax crimes.) In fact, the two most common I.R.S. jobs have little to do with tax auditing or investigations: about 13,000 are customer service representatives who answer taxpayer phone calls and 10,000 are seasonal employees who file mail or transcribe data. Other jobs include lawyers, examiners, technicians and appeals officers.
The additional funding for to the I.R.S. will allow the agency to modernize its infrastructure and replace an aging work force, and it is unclear just how many full-time employees or agents will be hired in the next decade, Treasury Department officials said. The majority of those new employees will replace the 52,000 expected to retire in the near future, the officials said, and many will focus on customer service and updating the agency’s technology infrastructure — not investigating the finances of ordinary Americans.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Fact-Checking the Misleading Claim About 87,000 Tax Agents
The claim, which has been debunked numerous times, has resurged ahead of the midterm elections. Here’s why it’s still wrong.

By Linda Qiu
Nov. 6, 2022
ny times
short copy and paste by mike

These claims are misleading. The 87,000 figure refers to a May 2021 estimate from the Treasury Department of the total number of employees — not just auditors — the I.R.S. proposes to hire over the next 10 years with funding requested by Mr. Biden. And while the I.R.S. plans to conduct more audits, wealthy Americans and businesses will bear the brunt of that scrutiny, not, as Republicans have suggested, working families.

Among the I.R.S.’s work force of about 79,000 employees, 10,000 are actually agents. (Of those, 8,000 are revenue agents who audit tax filings and 2,000 are special agents who investigate potential tax crimes.) In fact, the two most common I.R.S. jobs have little to do with tax auditing or investigations: about 13,000 are customer service representatives who answer taxpayer phone calls and 10,000 are seasonal employees who file mail or transcribe data. Other jobs include lawyers, examiners, technicians and appeals officers.
The additional funding for to the I.R.S. will allow the agency to modernize its infrastructure and replace an aging work force, and it is unclear just how many full-time employees or agents will be hired in the next decade, Treasury Department officials said. The majority of those new employees will replace the 52,000 expected to retire in the near future, the officials said, and many will focus on customer service and updating the agency’s technology infrastructure — not investigating the finances of ordinary Americans.
The Biden administration, and the media (Linda Qiu above), ALWAYS tell us peons the truth. 😂
For those who BELIEVE this story above, you could start by refreshing yourself on the Russia collusion story!
THEN:
The masks are not necessary story!
The masks are mandatory story!
The you will not get Covid if vaccinated story!
The inflation is only temporary story!
The border is closed story!
Etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
Well it's just away for them make a BIG profit...With a excuse charge more! As profit go up and bonus to staff and CEO etc...

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I guess it depends on where you live. My gas bill hasn’t changed much since last year, and it’s been exceptionally cold this year. I’m running a gas furnace, gas fireplace, whole house water heater, and gas range. Last month my bill was $58. Of course the reason has nothing to do with politicians and everything to do with our state being a big gas producer.