Hydro and Trans fluid

swivelgate

Equipment
L4330
Apr 16, 2011
skipwith,Va. usa
Hello , other then Kubota hydro trans fluid which cost more, what other make of fluid can I use when changing fluids out. Is there other places to get filters other then a dealer I have L4330 . Thanks for the help

mlatour3300

Equipment
B3300SU
Dec 18, 2011
west lafayette, indiana
If you look around, there are oils out there stating UDT replacement from Amsoil....Valvoline, so there are options. I have thought of doing the same myself, but at the end of the day, I go back to Kubota products despite available options.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
My L35 came with Super UDT fluid in it. I broke a hose on the BH and didn't know it and pumped way too much overboard. Being on the weekend, I bought hdy. oil from Wal Mart (said it met UDT spec on the label) & poured it in. From then on, the GS transmission complained when shifting. I drained all that I could and put UDT back. It doesn't shift as well as before, but better. I plan to put Super UDT Kubota fluid in it the next time I change fluid. My advice is to put Super UDT if you have an HST transmission. It is cheaper than going into the transmission. I'd also put at least Kubota UDT in your tractor if you have a GST. If you have a straight gear shift transmission, then any oil that meets UDT specs should be ok. Good Luck!

camer

Nov 5, 2009
mi.
I changed my fluids to super udt2 from udt. What a difference in quick response. Quieter hyrdo noise.

Marty394

Equipment
L3010 w/ Cab, RCR 1560, RB 1584, SMC Loader, KK II 60" Gear Drive Tiller
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
Carquest sells a premium hydraulic fluid that meets the regular udt spec. They have it in a green 5 gal. pail , and in 1 gal containers. I;ve been using it in my hst 3010 since I blew 2 hyd. hoses, and then had a leaky seal on the hydro filter gasket. Pretty much a complete change of fluid with the 3 separate repairs!!!!

I have not noticed any difference in the performance or the operation!!!!

Bob

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
There is not an oil that meets Super UDT2 specs. UDT is comparable but not the same as a UTF fluid. UDT is ok for a gear trans in most cases but if it has an HST, GST, or any hydraulic clutch pack you will want to use Super UDT2. It is formulated to do better all around in cold weather, and is better for hydraulic clutch pack engagement. You can use aftermarket stuff and it may work but it may foam or have other ingredients that meet a certain spec but not the same way that the kubota oil does. All new tractors have super udt2 in all the transmissions and axles.

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
I've used Shell Donax TD in my GST and it did well in warm weather, it did seem a little slower in cold weather. Shell has a Donax TDL that should be comparable to the Kubota UTD2 fluid, the L in TDL stands for light weight fluid.

I am using the Wally World Super Tech in mine now because a have a pretty bad shaft seal leak, and the fluid is cheap. It is no where near as good as the Shell oil, but it does work.