Hydraulic Top N Tilt. Float valve or no float?

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Dan, as I previously mentioned, I have found that the Bucher valves DO NOT leak what their acceptable leakage rate is. They are much better. Besides that the testing parameters are low at 1450 PSI @ 120*F. And good luck finding a supplier that will trust the customer's calcs saying that the valve is defective. The distributor would test it, then send it to the manufacturer for testing and if you were very very lucky you might have a replacement valve a year or so later.

This would be a huge plus for Summit with their money-back guarantee. But that still does not get you a good valve, just your money back.

I do not know for a fact, but believe that various suppliers would refund the money for their valves also. So that gets your money returned, or most of it anyway (shipping costs).

But there is still the issue of getting a good valve that only leaks at an acceptable rate.
I have had good luck using the Bucher valves and will stay with them when I can. ;)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan, as I previously mentioned, I have found that the Bucher valves DO NOT leak what their acceptable leakage rate is. They are much better. Besides that the testing parameters are low at 1450 PSI @ 120*F. And good luck finding a supplier that will trust the customer's calcs saying that the valve is defective. The distributor would test it, then send it to thbe manufacturer for testing and if you were very very lucky you might have a replacement valve a year or so later.

This would be a huge plus for Summit with their money-back guarantee. But that still does not get you a good valve, just your money back.

I do not know for a fact, but believe that various suppliers would refund the money for their valves also. So that gets your money returned, or most of it anyway (shipping costs).

But there is still the issue of getting a good valve that only leaks at an acceptable rate.
I have had good luck using the Bucher valves and will stay with them when I can. ;)
I am not arguing. All I did was provide Buchers published specs as a reference.

Like I said earlier if I get a chance I will do a field leakdown test on a couple of their valves and give you those numbers for comparison.

Dan