Hydraulic issues

10Milemike

Equipment
Mx5100 w/L884 loader RTV RX900 side by side 4x4 w/dump bed ZD396 mower
Apr 25, 2018
Ten Mile Oregon (near Roseburg)
I use a mx5100 daily around the ranch mostly for loading an moving horse manure and plowing the riding arenas. Yesterday i noticed that the front end loader is not working properly. It moves at less than underaverage speeds up and down seems to be curling correctly an of course it goes down in float potion fine but just creeps up or down otherwise. I checked fluid levels are good an i just replaced filters. I was reading something about a pickup filter or screen that i am not aware of its location that typically just is to be cleaned but agaim i am unaware of its location. Any ideas or perhaps someone reading this has an idea of what i should check next

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First thing to check would be the quick disconnects on the loader, un-couple them and re-couple.
Then if you still get the same result, swap the loader lift lines for the loader dump lines and see if the issue follows the line swap, either way check back and I can tell you the next steps in figuring out what is wrong.

And your model does not have a screen in the hydraulic system, only spin on filters.

Did you use Kubota filters when you changed them?

10Milemike

Equipment
Apr 25, 2018
First thing to check would be the quick disconnects on the loader, un-couple them and re-couple.
Then if you still get the same result, swap the loader lift lines for the loader dump lines and see if the issue follows the line swap, either way check back and I can tell you the next steps in figuring out what is wrong.

And your model does not have a screen in the hydraulic system, only spin on filters.

Did you use Kubota filters when you changed them?
I did use kubota filters. Just was able to get back here to check this an i really appreciate your response an your ideas i will go try them soon as i get done with lunch ......will report my findings shortly

10Milemike

Equipment
Apr 25, 2018
Thanks a million Wolfman in Idaho disconnected an reconnected did the trick must be a type/way to sorta reset the whole hydrolic system.New very much appreciated knowledge to me .
I learned my (something new) daily lesson fo the day . Guess i can head home for the day feeling successful.
Again thanks a million
Off to change engine oil filter an fuel filter ...... Talk with you again soon most likely.....

10Milemike

Equipment
Apr 25, 2018
Well tractor went right back to doing the same thing i disconnected an reconnected again twice an it seems to just temporarily reset system each time then when i shut down an restart issues seem to return

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
Not sure if it relates to your problem Mike, but I had a quick disconnect fitting on a fuel line on an 07 Harley that had enough wear in the detents/fitting that it would not flow fuel sometimes. Left me, (or I left it) 30 miles from home until I trailered it home. I later found that If I pushed the fitting in, it would start and run alright, but then later the vibratin' sunofagun would go back to choking off and quit. A new fuel line with fitting got it cured so I could sell it :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is something clogging the Quick disconnects inside, and or they are failing.
Run it till it fails, shut down release any pressure and remove the quick disconnects and look for debris.