Hydraulic fluid usage

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
I think I've got a leak somewhere. I've got 39 hours on my B2650, and I've had to put in an additional gallon of hydraulic fluid in. Not all at once. At two or three different times.

Thoughts.

I do have a grapple that I take on and off. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Every time you change implements you'll loose a little fluid. Over time it will be enough to that you have to add fluid.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Hydraulic systems do not use oil, so either a leak, or air in system etc.
Say you fit up an implement and then extend rams, then disconnect, your fluid level will lower, but if you fit it up again and retract rams then fluid level should be back to normal (if the hoses and opposite sides of the rams had oil in them in the first place.) Once you have oil in your hoses and rams, and no air, the level shouldn't change, if you check oil level in the same stance each time. That is, on a level surface, 3pt on ground, loader on ground, implement (detached or attached) in the same state (eg. grapple closed).
Check that QC's aren't dripping after disconnection.
If you fitted the grapple yourself and haven't used it a lot, you may have previously been topping up to cover for the oil in the rams and lines needed by the grapple. Once the air is fully out of the system it will reach a state of equilibrium.

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
Hydraulic systems do not use oil, so either a leak, or air in system etc.
Say you fit up an implement and then extend rams, then disconnect, your fluid level will lower, but if you fit it up again and retract rams then fluid level should be back to normal (if the hoses and opposite sides of the rams had oil in them in the first place.) Once you have oil in your hoses and rams, and no air, the level shouldn't change, if you check oil level in the same stance each time. That is, on a level surface, 3pt on ground, loader on ground, implement (detached or attached) in the same state (eg. grapple closed).
Check that QC's aren't dripping after disconnection.
If you fitted the grapple yourself and haven't used it a lot, you may have previously been topping up to cover for the oil in the rams and lines needed by the grapple. Once the air is fully out of the system it will reach a state of equilibrium.

The dealer did the grapple install along with the third function. I wasn't brace enough to try that.

I'll have the dealer check it over on my 50 hour service coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fitch

Equipment
ZD21, RTV900W
May 3, 2017
Carlisle, PA
If it leaked a gallon of fluid in 39 hours, you should find evidence of it on the machine and the floor or ground under where it's parked. It had to go someplace.

Fitch