Hydraulic Fluid Over Filled

dbertheau

Equipment
LX3310HSDC, FEL w/CB1060, PFL1242, LX2963, WM-8M Chipper
Mar 5, 2023
Nevada City, CA
When I got home with the new LX3310 I checked all fluids. Engine oil was a little overfilled...I drained a little out to bring within the lines of dip stick.

In addition, the hydraulic fluid was about an inch high on the dip stick...this is the dip stick in the rear. I drained the fluid down to within the lines.

My question is, how critical is it to not be over filled with hydraulic fluid? An inch high on the dip stick is a lot over...

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
It depends where your cylinders are. With your loader on the floor all the cylinders are basically empty - more fluid in the reservoir. If you lift the FEL up and fully dump the bucket, a bunch of fluid will be in the cylinders. I'm pretty sure overfull is fine, there has to be capacity in the reservoir to take the fluid from the cylinders. The worst that can happen is some will spill out the overflow, which I personally think is unlikely.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My tractor’s hydraulic system “burped” after a little bit of use. Dropped level off the stick, was maybe 1.5 quarts.

Just check yours again after a little bit. Might end up adding some fluid back.

Reactions: 1 user

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
It's a big tank, I've been as low as 3 gallons under filled and it works fine and I normally run with a gallon over filled since there was a Product Improvement Bulletin for my tractor from Kubota engineers that raised the hydraulic level to submerge the noisy CAMS by 1.5 gallons.