Hydraulic Drive pedal will not return to neutral position.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Unlikely to need to be replaced. It is relatively common, and usually comes down to grease, adjusting one or more of the springs or rods (depending on how exactly it works on your machine), and cleaning dirt and gunk that may be stopping it freely returning.

On my old BX I consistently had this problem, I could get it close to reliable, but it always stuck a bit. On the BX there was a spring to return it, and also a rod to take the motion from the pedal to the HST transmission, the spring could get loose or stretch, the rod could get dirty, there was a zerk to grease the assembly and a lot of places gunk could build up around the pivot point.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
B2650 My Drive pedal will not return to the natural. is this normal or does the assembly need to be replaced?
There's a 2-way hydraulic "damper" (like on a screen door) in the linkage, part 110, that assists in centering the drive pedal back to the neutral position. They get worn and lazy and can be easily replaced. But first check that there isn't some brush or cruft under there preventing smooth motion of the pedal.
B2650 HST damper.jpg

Blue Heaven

Equipment
B2650
Apr 4, 2021
Quitchapaw Utah
Unlikely to need to be replaced. It is relatively common, and usually comes down to grease, adjusting one or more of the springs or rods (depending on how exactly it works on your machine), and cleaning dirt and gunk that may be stopping it freely returning.

On my old BX I consistently had this problem, I could get it close to reliable, but it always stuck a bit. On the BX there was a spring to return it, and also a rod to take the motion from the pedal to the HST transmission, the spring could get loose or stretch, the rod could get dirty, there was a zerk to grease the assembly and a lot of places gunk could build up around the pivot point.
Thank you!