Hydraulic cylinder help neede!

Tipton BOM Guy

Equipment
B8200HST/BF300A
Feb 9, 2011
Tipton PA
I have a BF300A loader with leaking cylinders that turn the bucket. I purchased seal kits forthe cylinders and took the cylinders to a hydraulic shop to be rebuilt. They are unable to get wire rings out that hold the cylinder components together. They are afraid of causing damage. This was why I didn't take them apart myself. We are unsure how to push the part above the cylinder in to enable the retainer ring to be removed, without damaging that part or the cylinder. Does this need to be soaked with penetrant? Is there a special tool needed? I want to try to avoid buying more expensive parts. Replies from people who have disassembled these cylinders would be greatly appreciated!

landphil

Equipment
B8200 backhoe brushhog gannon tiller disc snowblade
Jun 22, 2011
Flagstaff ,AZ
Hi , I just dealt with that problem and it was a long time coming. To make a long story short, I clamped the ram upright and soaked it in penetrating oil. let it set a bit and came back in and tapped around it with a ball peen hammer, and soaked it again. Then i cleaned it out the best I could till I saw the 2 ends of the wire circlips. I then was able to pound a straight pick under one wire to get it started. Once its started you can work it out with a screwdriver. When you get it out put a pipethru the bottom pin hole and stand on it with both feet, jerk upwards a few times and it should pop right out.

Corrosion and rust was the problem and the clips were frozen in. Propably because it sat outside for like 30 years. I did all 4 rams on my loader in one day. Like I say it took me awhile and i even corresponded with the KUBOTA tech advertised on this site. They said there should be nothing from stopping the ram from going down except corrosion, but I could not get it to go down.Now I amvery happy that my loader does not leak gunk all over. It was frustrating to have a box of parts[ that cost about $400] and not being able to put them in. PHIL