Howdy from Cheyenne Wyoming

Trash Panda

Equipment
L2501
Feb 18, 2022
Wyoming
Is the Land Pride QH15 Quick Hitch considered an implement? What kind of price does Kubota charge for one. Is it a nice accessory to have?

SmilingBob
I love mine, and since you are purchasing land pride impliments, they will attach flawlessly. It keeps the 3pt hitch together and from rattling around, as well as being an awesome point to use as a tool itself.

I think mine was about 400 bucks. I’d suggest going with the QH10 instead though, since it won’t require any adapter bushings for the attachments you’re listing.

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Bob, although I love the thought of screwing the government out of their unconstitutional taxes...If you buy from a dealer they will report it and you MIGHT owe those taxes eventually.

I'm not a tax pro, but I bought a boat from a different state, and I had to pay my states sales taxes...Shitty, but true.

Just a heads up.
Back in the late 9
Bob, although I love the thought of screwing the government out of their unconstitutional taxes...If you buy from a dealer they will report it and you MIGHT owe those taxes eventually.

I'm not a tax pro, but I bought a boat from a different state, and I had to pay my states sales taxes...Shitty, but true.

Just a heads up.
In the late 90s while living in NJ I bought a garden tractor from jd Dealer in pa. Although I picked it up they listed it as delivered and I paid no sales tax. A few yrs later I moved to pa and went to same dealer for something else. I asked about putting in my mother's address in NJ to avoid taxes. They said they couldn't do it anymore. They got audited by the the state and got a lot of shit about not collecting taxes. I'm sure now 20 some yrs later they talk state to state much more. Government is not going to loose their share, especially on big ticket items.

Reactions: 1 user

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
If its still running there was a big rebate for a third attachment a few months ago. The loader counts as one, so a box blade would be two.

When I bought my lx, i went with a tiller for my second attachment which made my box blade free.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Well, I am one step closer to becoming a Kubota tractor owner. Looked on Wickhamtractor .com they have a new L2501HST with loader installed and R14 tires in Fort Morgan Colorado Its running $27920. Spoke to a salesman in Greeley Colorado he said he needed to verify that the bucket was quick attach and have an answer by Monday. I asked about adding a BB1266 box blade he said that it would be an additional $955. He said discount for cash would be $800. Confirmed there would be no sales tax as I am a resident of Wyoming. He said it would cost $100 to deliver to Cheyenne. He told me they have a mobile service when it comes to oil changes n such, would run $150. I plan to get together with him next week to take a look at it.

SmilingBob
Sounds pretty good. I will say to ask L2501 owners here what size blade the recommend. Consider that you always want to cover your wheel width, even when the blade is angled. If you can afford it, look into a blade that offsets. You will be surprised how nice that feature is. You can stay firmly planted in the middle of the road while pushing snow into the ditch or pulling gravel from the ditch onto the road.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Back in the late 9

In the late 90s while living in NJ I bought a garden tractor from jd Dealer in pa. Although I picked it up they listed it as delivered and I paid no sales tax. A few yrs later I moved to pa and went to same dealer for something else. I asked about putting in my mother's address in NJ to avoid taxes. They said they couldn't do it anymore. They got audited by the the state and got a lot of shit about not collecting taxes. I'm sure now 20 some yrs later they talk state to state much more. Government is not going to loose their share, especially on big ticket items.
It seems to work differently in Colorado for nonresidents. Two years ago, I bought my tractor in Durango, CO just across the state line. I was also told that since I’m a New Mexico resident, they couldn’t charge me Colorado state tax on agricultural equipment. So I bought the tractor sales tax free.

Reactions: 1 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
How did they find out? Just curious!

AL isn‘t too bad. We only pay 1.5% in taxes on farm machinery including attachments.
In MI you have to register your boat with the Secretary of State then they 'give' you a sticker that has to be displayed on both sides of the boat. That little fu@@ing sticker cost me 6K.

About 10 years ago I drove to Alabama to buy 2 dirt bikes from a dealer. They had all the forms ready, and charged me MI sales tax as well.

Now that I think about it, I suppose that if he doesn't have to register his tractor he might get way with it.....I sure hope so.....I hate paying 'The man'.

SmilingBob

Aug 20, 2023
Cheyenne Wyoming
Went to the Kubota website and plugged in a LX2610SUHSD and added the stuff I wanted (Goodyear SST R14 tires, LA535 loader with 54 inch QA bucket and bolt on cutting edge, Land Pride BB1266 box blade (wanted a Land Pride QH15 quick hitch but could not find it) Sent the quote to Cheyenne Kubota dealer followed it up with a phone call. Salesman said QH15 had been replaced with QH16. So with cash discount $500, 1st and 2nd implement discount $800, equine discount $750 I'm looking at $24941 plus 6% tax $1496 or $25987 out the door, kinda sorta close to my hard $25K budget. With discounts I'm paying $892 on the BB1266 box blade and $224 on the QH16 quick hitch. Delivery would be free, if she needs to go in for something transport would be $150 round trip. Going in on Monday to take a look at it.

SmilingBob

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
In MI you have to register your boat with the Secretary of State then they 'give' you a sticker that has to be displayed on both sides of the boat. That little fu@@ing sticker cost me 6K.

About 10 years ago I drove to Alabama to buy 2 dirt bikes from a dealer. They had all the forms ready, and charged me MI sales tax as well.

Now that I think about it, I suppose that if he doesn't have to register his tractor he might get way with it.....I sure hope so.....I hate paying 'The man'.
I am not aware of any state that requires tractor "registration".
Canada provinces require tractor registration though.
They tax everything that is fastened down,.... and all things moving too!

will721

Equipment
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Went to the Kubota website and plugged in a LX2610SUHSD and added the stuff I wanted (Goodyear SST R14 tires, LA535 loader with 54 inch QA bucket and bolt on cutting edge, Land Pride BB1266 box blade (wanted a Land Pride QH15 quick hitch but could not find it) Sent the quote to Cheyenne Kubota dealer followed it up with a phone call. Salesman said QH15 had been replaced with QH16. So with cash discount $500, 1st and 2nd implement discount $800, equine discount $750 I'm looking at $24941 plus 6% tax $1496 or $25987 out the door, kinda sorta close to my hard $25K budget. With discounts I'm paying $892 on the BB1266 box blade and $224 on the QH16 quick hitch. Delivery would be free, if she needs to go in for something transport would be $150 round trip. Going in on Monday to take a look at it.

SmilingBob

I know you are right at your budget, but if you're going with the lx, ask about liquid ballast. Its well worth the money. Hanging a 60" tiller off the back if mine I can still pick up the rears easily when digging. Its on my todo list to haul mine in to get rimguard.

Trash Panda

Equipment
L2501
Feb 18, 2022
Wyoming
I know you are right at your budget, but if you're going with the lx, ask about liquid ballast. Its well worth the money. Hanging a 60" tiller off the back if mine I can still pick up the rears easily when digging. Its on my todo list to haul mine in to get rimguard.

Can’t recommend this guys method enough, it was a breeze to do, and was incredibly cheap with winter washer fluid being on sale this summer.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I seem to recall they recommend not filling the tires when using a backhoe. Too much load on the outriggers or some such.

will721

Equipment
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
I seem to recall they recommend not filling the tires when using a backhoe. Too much load on the outriggers or some such.
That might be true. But kubota rates the same backhoe for the lx and the l and the lx hes looking at is nearly 1000lbs lighter. So I'm not sure what the harm would be. Unless someone knows a different reason.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
NOT having filled tires with the BH mounted IS THE KUBOTA RECOMMENDATION!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That might be true. But kubota rates the same backhoe for the lx and the l and the lx hes looking at is nearly 1000lbs lighter. So I'm not sure what the harm would be. Unless someone knows a different reason.
Neither here nor there for me. It's not my tractor. :)

I personally am not as much a fan of filled tires as others on here. I like to have choices, and filling tires is permanent. I use a ballast box. Of course, that's not an option with a backhoe, so if you need a heavier tractor to run the backhoe, filled tires or wheel weights are probably the only options. I guess you could drink a few extra beers, use yourself as ballast.

will721

Equipment
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Neither here nor there for me. It's not my tractor. :)

I personally am not as much a fan of filled tires as others on here. I like to have choices, and filling tires is permanent. I use a ballast box. Of course, that's not an option with a backhoe, so if you need a heavier tractor to run the backhoe, filled tires or wheel weights are probably the only options. I guess you could drink a few extra beers, use yourself as ballast.
You callin me fat?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

K7G

Equipment
L2501HST, LA526 w/ L2248, BB1260, RCR1860, EA Disc Harrow
May 29, 2023
Aladamnbama

I’m with you!

K7G

Equipment
May 29, 2023
Aladamnbama

SmilingBob
So technically, for spousal happiness purposes, you’re under your budget until you add the taxes. I would at least ask the dealer to split the difference with you!

Good luck!

SmilingBob

Aug 20, 2023
Cheyenne Wyoming
So technically, for spousal happiness purposes, you’re under your budget until you add the taxes. I would at least ask the dealer to split the difference with you!

Good luck!
K7G,

Did not get a chance to go to Kubota today, had some stuff to do at the VA hospital that ran longer than anticipated. Yep, spousal happiness is one of the most important factors on this purchase. Been married to my gal 45 years as of this June. I have learned a happy wife makes for a happy life, for sure n for certain! Many moons ago when I had her pick out her diamond I made the rookie mistake of saying "heck for that much money I could buy a nice boat with an outboard" :rolleyes:, she was just a tad bit upset to say the least. For four and a half decades she's been my hunting buddy, fishing buddy, one fine cook, and hasn't killed me yet so I think I'll be ok. Will see what the dealer can make happen on tax, won't be able to get together with him till Thursday or so. I did tell my wife that if I purchase a $26,000 hat at Kubota they would throw in a free tractor, she was slightly amused but not much

SmilingBob

Last edited:

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
K7G,

Did not get a chance to go to Kubota today, had some stuff to do at the VA hospital that ran longer than anticipated. Yep, spousal happiness is one of the most important factors on this purchase. Been married to my gal 45 years as of this June. I have learned a happy wife makes for a happy life, for sure n for certain! Will see what the dealer can make happen on tax, won't be able to get together with him till Thursday or so. I did tell my wife that if I purchase a $26,000 hat at Kubota they would throw in a free tractor, she was slightly amused but not much:rolleyes:

SmilingBob
Make sure you do get the free hat. Some dealers actually “forget” that.

K7G

Equipment
May 29, 2023
Aladamnbama
K7G,

Did not get a chance to go to Kubota today, had some stuff to do at the VA hospital that ran longer than anticipated. Yep, spousal happiness is one of the most important factors on this purchase. Been married to my gal 45 years as of this June. I have learned a happy wife makes for a happy life, for sure n for certain! Will see what the dealer can make happen on tax, won't be able to get together with him till Thursday or so. I did tell my wife that if I purchase a $26,000 hat at Kubota they would throw in a free tractor, she was slightly amused but not much:rolleyes:

SmilingBob
I’m retired but MrsK7 insists on working. She starts a new job on Friday and I heard her telling a friend that her salary is “not for tractors or cars.”

🤨

🙈