How to determine selling price - B6100D

Lake Marina

Equipment
B6100
Apr 25, 2023
Virginia
@PaulL The long belt runs from the deck pulleys up to the front belt to two vertical pulleys then turns 90 to go up to the crank/clutched/pulley. Ive got all the parts as far as i can tell.

348kb-1.jpg

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Excellent. I'd have thought that'd be worth money to someone, it'd fit a few tractors as mentioned, not just Kubota tractors either.

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The pulley on the front is the elec. clutch (as it's own pulley). The other end of the shaft that is attached to that clutch has splines on the inside. Those splines have to fit over the splines on the front of the crankshaft. Kubota came out with an update which was a bolt on flange with heavier spines (which also required a different shaft). If the buyer does not have the splines to connect the shaft to at the front of their engine, they can not power that mower.

That belt was a special belt length, A-117". I modified the pulley location so I could use a B-120 belt. The pulleys were A/B pulleys and no changes required there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
i bought a B8200 new in 1985. It was 4x4 and had ag tires on the rear and smooth tires on front from the factory, and it had a loader.

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
i bought a B8200 new in 1985. It was 4x4 and had ag tires on the rear and smooth tires on front from the factory, and it had a loader.
Didn't know that...My had AG tires front and back. So did keep car tires on the front? If needed to replace them.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Didn't know that...My had AG tires front and back. So did keep car tires on the front? If needed to replace them.
They are not "car tires" they are implement tires or trailer tires.

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
That's a very nice tractor. I agree with start at 5k and see what happens.

I have not had good luck selling a ~700hr B7100D gear tractor w/48" mower for ~4100 obo. Haven't had an offer over 3000 that i recall. I've just held on to it, waiting and looking for trade opportunities.

I think part of the problem, at least where i am, is that the typical prospective looker probably doesn't have very much if any tractor experience and thinks it's a very expensive riding mower. Plus, you see 2wd models occasionally listed for a little under 2k, and to someone who has not had the pleasure of trying to do any real work on a 2wd tractor that weighs 1000lbs, they won't understand that a 2wd tractor of this weight really is worth HALF as much. If you want to know what a 2wd version of this tractor is like, just put trailer tires on the front and put it in 4wd! Same effect! I've driven two like that.. hard to tell they're even 4wd.

I guess im lucky that ive got my b6100d FEL tractor, and fixed up another one with a backhoe on it as well, to know what it's capable of doing. Ive picked up 1000lbs, trenched 1000ft for water line, pushed and pulled all kinds of craziness, moved 100 yards of material with the loader (took days!), pulled 48-72" mowers, bush hogged, post holes dug, angle blade, landscape rake, etc etc etc. It's mostly limited by operator skill and what other attachments you own. That's probably a hard sell for someone with no operator skill and no other attachments.

Oh well, im still having fun with it. I just pulled a new-to-me 72" reel mower around with it the other day. :)

Lake Marina

Equipment
B6100
Apr 25, 2023
Virginia
I've just held on to it, waiting and looking for trade opportunities.
My attempt to sell may be just like yours. I wish I had listed it in February before spring prep/planting as it is ideal for a nice sized garden. Im in a rural area but 45 minutes to two sizeable cities so I'll probably have a mix of interest (or none!). I had a MF135 years ago and realized as soon as I test drove the B6100 i knew it was for real a mini tractor. I can see urban folks in ignorance thinking its a glorified lawn mower but just looking at it you can tell its a beast!
Im really dragging my feet on listing it but as mentioned Ive got to offload the deck as it takes up so much space and I cant use it on my goat hill yard. If I cant get a decent price for the tractor i'll just keep it. Ive changed all of the oils, greased the fittings and a little spray wax and its looking like a new toy again!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
What ever price you offer to sell it at, make sure you'll be satisfied if someone hauls it home. There is such a thing as "seller's remorse" knowing you'll never find another one in that condition and treatment!

Life isn't always about money. If the mower is in the way put it on CL or FB for a couple of hundred dollars "as is", deck only. (Someone with a rusted out deck is looking for yours) Then you can keep your tractor and have room and the wife (and you) be happy.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
What ever price you offer to sell it at, make sure you'll be satisfied if someone hauls it home. There is such a thing as "seller's remorse" knowing you'll never find another one in that condition and treatment!

Life isn't always about money. If the mower is in the way put it on CL or FB for a couple of hundred dollars "as is", deck only. (Someone with a rusted out deck is looking for yours) Then you can keep your tractor and have room and the wife (and you) be happy.
Excellent advice!

PhillElite

Oct 24, 2023
San Jose
For determining the selling price, consider factors like its current market value, condition, and any additional features or attachments it comes with, Priceva can help with that for example. Research recent sales to gauge market trends. Additionally, adjust the price to reflect seasonal demand and local market conditions.

Last edited: