How to determine selling price - B6100D

Lake Marina

Equipment
B6100
Apr 25, 2023
Virginia
Ive had my B6100 for 16 years and it has done me a great job. I have all the paperwork/manuals from the original owner when i bought it. I bought it for miscellaneous yard work/hauling and snow plowing. I dont use it much anymore and its time for me to sell. It has 1244 hours and runs great and looks good for its age and well taken care of. It has the dozer blade and a Woods 348 belly mower and ive got a 4ft box blade to go with it.
Ive scrubbed the web quite a bit and see prices from $2k up to $6k and more depending on attachments or if restored looking unit. I hate to sell it but I just dont have a need for it and its time for someone else to enjoy.
Is there any rule of thumb on valuating these little bulls when its time to sell?
LM

B6100.jpg
B6100 name Plate.jpg

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I would do just as you have, check the web, including auction sites. Adjust for hours, condition, equipment.

For that kind of money, if it was mine, I’d just keep it. For awhile I was sweet on the older gray market Kubotas (interesting read in how that all came to be).

That a sharp looking survivor you have there.

Reactions: 1 user

Lake Marina

Equipment
B6100
Apr 25, 2023
Virginia
Thanks for the reply. At a minimum I’m going to sell the mower. I’ve never had a need to use it. How do you tell a grey model?
have a link to the history you mention?

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Thanks for the reply. At a minimum I’m going to sell the mower. I’ve never had a need to use it. How do you tell a grey model?
have a link to the history you mention?
Well to tell the truth, I’m assuming it’s gray market unit based on the model number, just going off of my recollection, which may or may not be correct. I see you’ve posted the serial number stamped in the transmission housing. There is a gray market forum here on OTT, in there is a sticky post with all kinds of links, IIRC one of those is the story about the importation of these smaller tractors in the 1970s (give or take) mainly to Southern CA and distributed by a couple dealers on the west coast and mid west.

Also it appears to me that @North Idaho Wolfman is the resident OTT expert on many things Kubota, including gray market units. Hopefully NIW will stop in on this tread and give us the details.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Lake Marina

Equipment
B6100
Apr 25, 2023
Virginia
Ok thanks. The guy I bought from in ‘07 never mentioned it. I’ll read up on those threads for reference if/when I sell.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I would ask $5,000 and see what happens. At auctions these can bring a lot less than that. Given the known condition and extras that seems fair to me. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Ok thanks. The guy I bought from in ‘07 never mentioned it. I’ll read up on those threads for reference if/when I sell.
Well I could be off base on my assumption. I do believe the B6100/B6001 model was a part of the law suit, although I think the exact serial number also comes into play. I think something about when and how it was imported.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You do not have a grey, so rest easy.

On the a lot of B5100, B6100, and B7100 the starting serial number was a grey number B5001, B6001, B7001.
I've never found a good answer why they are numbered this way?
Grey market units did not have English written anywhere on the units.
The real seal the deal moment to it not being a grey is running the serial number:
Kubota recycles the serial numbers, so it's comes up with other units that have the same serial number.
If it was a grey it would not come up.

1682748472602.png

Reactions: 3 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
There's some guy here in Ontario wants $14,000 for his !! That's 1000 Canucks per HP, yeesh. Wife must have told him it has to go... :giggle:
Listed prices versus SOLD price can be way different. Given the age of the tractor ,implements, HP, etc. maybe 2-3K ? One possible issue might be getting parts for it. Little things like cylinder head, radiator,'internals' ??
While you 'don't use it much'... WHAT have you got that REPLACES it ? You'll get sticker shock when you go looking for another tractor !

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
There's some guy here in Ontario wants $14,000 for his !! That's 1000 Canucks per HP, yeesh. Wife must have told him it has to go... :giggle:
Listed prices versus SOLD price can be way different. Given the age of the tractor ,implements, HP, etc. maybe 2-3K ? One possible issue might be getting parts for it. Little things like cylinder head, radiator,'internals' ??
While you 'don't use it much'... WHAT have you got that REPLACES it ? You'll get sticker shock when you go looking for another tractor !
I interpret, "don't use it much" to mean....... no longer have any need/use for it.
Thus, it seems as though there would be no need to .... "go looking for another tractor".

Lake Marina

Equipment
B6100
Apr 25, 2023
Virginia
Thanks for all of the responses. The more I clean it up the more sentimental it gets! Just mentioned to the wife but she didnt have a positive reaction hahahha! (She wants a Gator and dont have room for both)
Thanks for the info Wolfman. I read a bit about the Greys and downloaded a few pdfs that were helpful. Its nice to know its not a grey and the Kubota-Pad website is helpful! Has all of the diagrams and its easy to build a cart then download as a text file and then easy to cut and paste into search bar to find parts. I haven't had any issues of the years finding parts but they were all incidentals....nothing obscure.
As mentioned I definitely need to get rid of the Woods mower deck at a minimum as it takes up so much space and is so *#@#$ awkward and heavy!
With that said...is the Woods mower that came with my tractor only fit a B6100 or it will it fit other models or makes?
Thanks again for all of the help!
woods 1.jpg

Lake Marina

Equipment
B6100
Apr 25, 2023
Virginia
I just go to Facebook marketplace. It indicates items selling in my area, as it will in yours. Here's one I found that's similar to yours. From my experience your tractor with mower, dozer blade and box blade would sell for 6K in this area.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/108445219177096/?hoisted_items=3428123207469803
Thanks - The link didnt take me to a specific model but I do a few 2 wheel drive "E" models. I still have some tinkering/cleaning to do and scan in the manuals etc. before I decide to list.
I also see on marketplace a few Woods belly mowers and those things are priced all over the place!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I would think the mower would be reasonably easy to sell. Someone was on here just the other day looking for a mower for a 7100 I think, and I suspect that would fit.

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
Thanks for all of the responses. The more I clean it up the more sentimental it gets! Just mentioned to the wife but she didnt have a positive reaction hahahha! (She wants a Gator and dont have room for both)
Thanks for the info Wolfman. I read a bit about the Greys and downloaded a few pdfs that were helpful. Its nice to know its not a grey and the Kubota-Pad website is helpful! Has all of the diagrams and its easy to build a cart then download as a text file and then easy to cut and paste into search bar to find parts. I haven't had any issues of the years finding parts but they were all incidentals....nothing obscure.
As mentioned I definitely need to get rid of the Woods mower deck at a minimum as it takes up so much space and is so *#@#$ awkward and heavy!
With that said...is the Woods mower that came with my tractor only fit a B6100 or it will it fit other models or makes?
View attachment 101287
Just so you know...I sold a FEL tractor on craiglist and a set (Ford) harrow disc. Now I'm no fan of CL but they sold.
Take a look here on the Classifieds, I think a few people wanted that deck?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
View attachment 101287
That deck would work on a
B6100E, B6100D
B7100E, B7100D
B6001E, B6001D
B7000E, B7000D
B7001E, B7001D

Will also work on the HST models, but they normally take MID PTO driven units.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
So that's a mid mount deck, but driving off the rear PTO? I haven't seen one of them before, but I can imagine it'd be pretty handy on a range of machines.

I'd imagine it has mounting brackets on the tractor itself - so if selling it you'd want to take those off, and sell with the mower....it'd be worth more with all the mounting hardware.

Lake Marina

Equipment
B6100
Apr 25, 2023
Virginia
So that's a mid mount deck, but driving off the rear PTO? I haven't seen one of them before, but I can imagine it'd be pretty handy on a range of machines.
I'd imagine it has mounting brackets on the tractor itself - so if selling it you'd want to take those off, and sell with the mower....it'd be worth more with all the mounting hardware.
The guy I bought tractor from used it mainly for mowing and seldom used the dozer blade at all.
On the other hand I bought the tractor to move dirt/landscaping and drag my gravel drive (long since paved) and never mowed with it. Deck has been in storage since I bought the tractor in '07.
There is a "toggle" switch on a vertical mounting bracket below the steering wheel that is labeled something along the lines of "electric clutch" (very faded) which I believe would actuate the pulley/shaft in the basket shown in photo that mounts on the front of tractor.
I do have the manual and will definitely familiarize myself with everything before I list any of it.
Also - Thanks for pointing out brackets as there are 2 Woods yellow brackets (one on each side) mounted to the frame that would need to come off. Everything else under there goes to the dozer blade and its frame. I thought about mounting up the deck to test it out but I'd have to pull the blade/frame to mount it and that is a PITA. I'll lay everything out on the floor and take some photos to help see if there is anyhting missing.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

It's driven off the crank shaft on the front of the engine and tractor.