How many B2601s are out there?

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
I thought I was going Green when I discovered the 2025R I was interested in had two fatal flaws. #1 I couldn't get it the way I wanted it until end of June and #2 the RIO switch seems like it would be a total PITA, especially for mowing.

So I'm back looking for a B2601. I know lots of you prefer the B2650 but it's just a smidge too big for the mowing I do every week. I find the B2601 just the right size with more ground clearance than a BX for work in the rough.

I'd love to hear from anyone with a B2601 or B2301 about their experience and the kind of work it excels at.

jimjoe

Equipment
b2601
Apr 21, 2015
brimfield
i have a 2601 its great got it 3 weeks ago 32 hours on it, nice size good ground clearance have the backhoe and quick attach fel. plan on a snowplow so that will be easy.tilt steering wheel is nice for getting on and off brakes on left are better. plenty of power, its the perfect size for me i have 4 acres mostly woods needed the ground clearance looked at bx25 at first was too low.glad i went bigger also added a piranah toothbar digs much better.this is a nice machine. i'm having alot of fun!

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
jj, great to hear that you like your machine. I have no pressing need for a BH but it's nice to know I could add one later.

I'm finalizing my set to be:

60" MMM
Turf tires, loaded
60" quick attach bucket with 2 welded 1/2 inch grab hooks and 1 welded D ring centered inside bucket and finally
Factory 3rd function valve for a root grapple (thinking about the EA unit).

I really like all the improvements on the BXX01s over the BXX20s and the size is just right for my needs.

chucky79

Equipment
BX25D, B7100 Restoration project with a B219 loader and B670 backhoe
May 16, 2014
Ashland, KY
went and looked at the b2301 today myself. thinking about upgrading over my bx for some of the same reasons (adding backhoe later, ground clearance, clearing woods etc). Sharp machine but worried its to big for weekly mowing which my bx excels at....

Attachments

erda

Equipment
LX3310HSDCC
Aug 24, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I've had one for almost a month now. Haven't done much other than use the loader to hall some rocks and pull some fence posts.
Am looking purchasing a box blade soon, and adding a front mount snowblower this fall.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
went and looked at the b2301 today myself. thinking about upgrading over my bx for some of the same reasons (adding backhoe later, ground clearance, clearing woods etc). Sharp machine but worried its to big for weekly mowing which my bx excels at....
I was also worried about how agile it would be for mowing and I mow over 3 acres weekly, so it's an important role. My BX2360 is great for mowing. It has a turning radius of 7.5 feet and the B2601 comes in at 6.9 feet with brake. I definitely felt for my property the B2650 was too large for mowing (same turning radius as B2601). I think the B2601 is in that sweet spot, at least I hope so.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
I want to give a big shout out to Neil Messick re: my tractor order. I became aware that something wasn't right about the pricing of different options. I spoke to Neil and he immediately adjusted the price of the package to be super competitive and keep me a satisfied customer.

I'm also a small business owner and really appreciated his personal involvement.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Foolish question, but do any of the attachments for a BX work on a B?

Specifically, wondering about MMM or snowblower.

I'm thinking mower is a no - front linkage in pictures looks different.

Not sure about the snowblower.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Foolish question, but do any of the attachments for a BX work on a B?

Specifically, wondering about MMM or snowblower.

I'm thinking mower is a no - front linkage in pictures looks different.

Not sure about the snowblower.

Mower is definitely a different animal. Have no idea re: the front snowblower.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
MXBX - are you keeping your BX2360, trading it, or giving/selling it privately?

I have a 2360 also, and love it. But, there are times I wish it had a little more ass.

I bought it just over 2 years ago new - a leftover. REALLY wanted the shorter, narrower ROPS over the new models. Was glad to get it over the 2370.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
MXBX - are you keeping your BX2360, trading it, or giving/selling it privately?

I have a 2360 also, and love it. But, there are times I wish it had a little more ass.

I bought it just over 2 years ago new - a leftover. REALLY wanted the shorter, narrower ROPS over the new models. Was glad to get it over the 2370.

You are one funny dude. I sold it on Craigslist in 48 hrs and had 4 or 5 interested parties. I sold a B7200 to get into my BX2360 for the FEL and MMM and really loved the BX. I just need somthing a little more versatile that will still mow my acreage in 2 hrs. I hope I've made a good decision with the B2601. Time will tell

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Another nice feature over the BX - individual wheel brakes.

As a farmboy, driving a 1953 Minneapolis-Moline ZAU narrow front-end, these are a must. Use them almost a much as the clutch.

Miss them on my BX.

hurleyhuckster

May 19, 2015
Kingston, NY
Howdy fellow b2601 owners!

I just got mine the other day, with FEL and BH, ballast in rear tires and the 3rd function remote. Got all the bugs and kinks worked out rather quickly. Mostly just due to sloppy assembly. Stuff conflicting with levers, etc. I could elaborate if anyone is interested.

I have not had a chance to do much with it yet, as I sat on it and read the manual and fiddled and tested things all day and really got to know my machine. Thats when I uncovered the problems. Even though we did a pretty thorough delivery inspection/training, these things were missed. So I urge you all to really read the manuals and test everything out. I found the manuals to be very well written and detailed. The only problem I found was for using the PTO in stationary mode. The tractor manual appears wrong and contradictory as compared to the backhoe manual, it was a little confusing, but I figured it out. You guys all tested your stationary PTO and START CHECKS right? :)

I have one final issue that I was hoping I could get some help with.

It has to do with the 3pt position control. I posted a separate post in the Service section (no replies yet) but wanted to repeat here since this thread is specific to my model.

My 3pt does not engage or start to raise until the position control lever is at or above the #4 mark. I was just wondering if anyone else has or had a similar issue as this? I don't see any obvious adjustments in the linkage. There are a couple of nuts (one probably locking nut) where the linkage enters the tranny (or whatever). Had the dealer out and we think that may be the only possible adjustment. We decided we would both try to look into it before messing with it. This does not appear to be an assembly issue.

It does appear to go all the way up and down (not positive, need to play with it some more), but I am just losing some fine tuning by not having a few extra notches of adjustment.

So whenever you fallers get a chance, can you play with yours and give me some feedback? If you have a backhoe, go ahead and take that sucker off and put your 3 pt on. You could probably use the practice. You did take the backhoe off by now and test the 3pt……didn't you?

I put mine through the scrutiny ringer and could probably sell and service these things now :D

Now….I need to get digging and tractoring and see what this baby can do, all safely of course :eek:

Thank YOU!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Ok dump question but what is with brake? I don't use brakes when turning.
When you have individual wheel brakes, you can brake the "inside" wheel, or the wheel toward your turn direction, to make it turn tighter.

Hogzilla

Equipment
B2601
Jun 12, 2015
Atkins, Iowa
My 3pt does not engage or start to raise until the position control lever is at or above the #4 mark. I was just wondering if anyone else has or had a similar issue as this? I don't see any obvious adjustments in the linkage.
I doubt this is an issue. I just ordered mine and won't have it for a week, but I have operated a bunch of tractors over the years (no Kubotas) and several off them were like this.

Hogzilla

Equipment
B2601
Jun 12, 2015
Atkins, Iowa
I thought I was going Green when I discovered the 2025R I was interested in had two fatal flaws. #1 I couldn't get it the way I wanted it until end of June and #2 the RIO switch seems like it would be a total PITA, especially for mowing.

So I'm back looking for a B2601. I know lots of you prefer the B2650 but it's just a smidge too big for the mowing I do every week. I find the B2601 just the right size with more ground clearance than a BX for work in the rough.

I'd love to hear from anyone with a B2601 or B2301 about their experience and the kind of work it excels at.
Similar situation here. I'm from Deere country and I was leaning green at first, but some extensive research led me here and I have a B2601 coming soon!