Help with Kubota TG1860

superbaseball25

Equipment
Kubota TG1860
Jun 23, 2023
Birmingham
Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance for any help. I just bought a Kubota TG1860 for some land that I own. It’s my first mower and has worked great for a couple months. Today I ran over a big stick, and it got the blade stuck. Before I had a chance to kill the mower or stop the blade, a puff of smoke blew out the left side of the mower and the engine died. It started back up fine and drove fine, but the blade won’t engage. Can y’all please give me an idea of where to start? I’ve never worked on a riding mower before. Thanks in advance for any advice.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
You likely smoked and broke a mower drive belt. btdt

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Is that a tough repair?
Do you hear noises when engaging the mower deck, as though something is spinning, but not engaging the mower system?

Before you gauge the difficulty of the repair you should check to see if the belt is the culprit. No sense changing it if it’s not the problem.

I think ve9aa has a plausible theory.

If indeed the belt is toasted it’s not a difficult replacement. You should have or get a manual that shows belt routing.

superbaseball25

Equipment
Kubota TG1860
Jun 23, 2023
Birmingham
I don’t hear any noises when trying to engage the blade. I have a manual that came with the mower. I will take a look and update y’all with what I find out.

superbaseball25

Equipment
Kubota TG1860
Jun 23, 2023
Birmingham
Hey everyone,
Update on the mower. Yesterday I took the deck off and the top PTO belt had slipped off. I put on a new belt and put the deck back on and the blades still wouldn’t engage. I replaced all the fuses because I wasn’t sure which one was which. Everything worked great after that.

I went and cut the grass for an hour or so, and the engine overheat light started blinking. I parked the mower and the coolant was boiling over in the reservoir. After searching the internet for the problem, I found someone who said the radiator may just be dirty. I checked and it was filthy with grass clippings. I cleaned everything up and added some coolant, and it ran and cut great.

I now have another problem if you can believe it. I can’t get it to start now. This happens from time to time. This time I parked the mower, blew the radiator out again, and got ready to put it in the garage and when I go to start it nothing happens and the red safety back up light turns on (not sure the name of it). What would cause the mower to only start sometimes? Thanks in advance for any help!