help with a mystery rotovator.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hi all
I am in need of some help identifiying my rotovator.
I won it on ebay recently for a good price and despite its looks it is in very good running order and after a good cleanup with soap etc it n ow looks realy good, a few bit of paint need doing but thats all.
its got all the original decals etc but is missing the rear depth wheels/arms.

anyway i fitted it today and it does work well but i,ve noticed that it not quite the same as other S850 roto's i,ve seen.
here are the visual differences.
1) the drive side (right if looking from rear)casing has a larger outter case at the top and an external lever with spring tensioner mounted 3/4 way down near the base, now i've looked at lots of pics of S850 in the last few days but none had this bit, i suspect it an auto chain tensioner, is this correct.

2) the left hand side case in just a smooth piece of steel with no large section at the top either, same here, not seen this on others.

3) the rear cover is a single section that is hinged from underneath and has a support bracket on the rear edge and adjustment rod connected to the tilling depth support arm, this in turn means that the cover will move in con junction when adjusting the tilling depth arm.

The decals say S850 but iswhich version is it, early or late , also there is a hight adjustable rod with a u shape top attached to the casing hear the side, what would this be for.

heres the link to the item i won before it was all cleaned up, take a look and see what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....01722&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

any info would be great.

rob

Last edited:

John C

Equipment
B7100D, LMC Clipper 400, LMC 4ft Box Blade, NorTrac 47" Tiller
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
Rob,
First of all I'm not familiar with the Kubota tiller in question! However looking at the photos especially the one of the tineshaft, the mechanicals of this tiller bears a striking resemblance to a chinese tiller marketed in the US under the brand names NorTrac and Farm Pro with some extra sheet metal! I'm not sure what type of hitch it has as it appears in the photo that it is still attached to part of the tractor? If it is the same mechanicals I think you'll find it is gear driven and not chain driven and also that the tines are the weak link and are easily broken by rocky ground usually shearing the mount from the shaft! here is a link to the Farm Pro manual to compare!http://www.farmprotractors.com/Manuals/03023.pdf