Help in the feed.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
should not have to as long as hydraulic oil level is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

fish2fry

Equipment
2005 Kabota M9000
May 15, 2023
Florida
2005 Kubota M9000
I had the O-ring blow out on the back end of the pump cap. One of the 4 bolts were lose and 2 of them we hade to use a impact tool to get them off, after installing the new O-ring we tried tighten down and it seem that long threaded rod was pulling out of the base next to the engine side of the pump, double nutted at the top and tighten the rod down farther to get more threads into the base. (we are in the field). I should have taken back to the shop and installed Healy coils but put it back on, Install it back on hoping to get it back to the Barnes, now I can't get it to prime up right. open the main line off the two pumps and had a little pressure with air for a minute but can get any pressure now. Tried for a long time, no steering or loader function, it has 3 pumps a double and a single on the other side, the single buy it self is the steering. I open loader lift cylinders to bleed out some air no luck. 3 months ago we did a complete hydraulic fluid change with filters and I had no problem fired up getting everything working.

What can I due to fix this, all your help in the past has helped me, thanks you all.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You can try to get a plastic bottle that has some kind of nozzle and put some hydraulic fluid in the bottle to put into the pump.

take off the top most outlet pipe on the hydraulic pump and then fill the pump with as much hydraulic fluid as you can get into it. You may need to be patient and let it fill and drain down a couple of times. You don’t need to worry if it never really stays full, you just are trying to get some oil in it to help it start to move fluid.

Reattach the pipe, cross your fingers and then start the tractor and hopefully it will start to pull fluid through the pump.

Reactions: 1 user

JohnDB

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
@fish2fry Did you find what caused the blown o-ring?
Could whatever caused it be also responsible for lack of prime?
Is the new o-ring the exact same size as the original?
Wondering if we are treating the symptoms not the cause/s.