Hello all, new to site and quick question

digg71

Equipment
B3200 w/ FEL, Box Scraper, Post Hole Auger, 4' Rotary Cutter, Snowblower
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
Hello everyone. I am new to this site, I did a bit of searching the forums before my post. From what I have read, this site has a amazing member base with some great and helpful people.
Yesterday I did a full servicing on my B3200V that is just at 50 hours on the hour meter. Everything went great, I followed the manual to a T and somehow ended up with just over a gallon of hydraulic fluid left over?? I bought everything from my dealer. Between the front axle, tranny, and rear diff. it should have used just under 6 gallons. I have a gallon jug and maybe a quart or less in the 5 gallon pail leftover. What the heck did I miss or do wrong?? Anyone have any ideas? I plan on calling my dealer tomorrow but it is driving me crazy and it is Sunday and the dealer is closed. I would really like to operate the tractor today to do some leftover snow removal but I am afraid to operate it. Any comments or answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to meeting soem folks on here.

Jim

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hello everyone. I am new to this site, I did a bit of searching the forums before my post. From what I have read, this site has a amazing member base with some great and helpful people.
Yesterday I did a full servicing on my B3200V that is just at 50 hours on the hour meter. Everything went great, I followed the manual to a T and somehow ended up with just over a gallon of hydraulic fluid left over?? I bought everything from my dealer. Between the front axle, tranny, and rear diff. it should have used just under 6 gallons. I have a gallon jug and maybe a quart or less in the 5 gallon pail leftover. What the heck did I miss or do wrong?? Anyone have any ideas? I plan on calling my dealer tomorrow but it is driving me crazy and it is Sunday and the dealer is closed. I would really like to operate the tractor today to do some leftover snow removal but I am afraid to operate it. Any comments or answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to meeting soem folks on here.

Jim
Jim, first things first. Take a breath and relax :cool:

What is happening is that there is no way to get all of the old fluid out. There is an awful lot of it sitting inside trapped in various areas.

Start the tractor and run the loader and three point through full travel. After you have done this a few times to purge the system, shut it down and recheck your fluid level.

Oh ya, welcome to the forum and you're tractor's gonna be fine.

Scott

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
traildust, hello and thanks for the quick reply. Sorry if I sounded like I was totally freaking out....haha. I figured there would be no way to totally drain all fluids out, but what the heck do I do with a gallon plus fluid I have left? haha, God only knows how long it will take until it needs another servicing. Of course I will keep it in garage until needed but seems like kind of a waste of cash you know. I guess I figured the 6 gallons was taking into account for the fluid still in lines and nooks and cranny's and the dealer wasn't going to give me enough fluid to totally drain entire machine and start from scratch...lol Just wanted to make sure i didn't miss anything you know...:)
Anyways, sorry I do ramble too much sometimes, but that is just me....:) Thanks again. the only thing I still need to do is the fuel filter. I have never bled a diesel before, but from the sounds of the manual, there is really nothing to it, After i get it back together, it should start up and bleed itself? The manual says something like.......If fuel lines, fuel filter, or fuel tank has been emptied, fill tank with fuel, start motor and run for 30 seconds and shut off. Does that sound right? Sounds too easy....haha

Thanks again!

Jim

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
traildust, hello and thanks for the quick reply. Sorry if I sounded like I was totally freaking out....haha. I figured there would be no way to totally drain all fluids out, but what the heck do I do with a gallon plus fluid I have left? haha, God only knows how long it will take until it needs another servicing. Of course I will keep it in garage until needed but seems like kind of a waste of cash you know. I guess I figured the 6 gallons was taking into account for the fluid still in lines and nooks and cranny's and the dealer wasn't going to give me enough fluid to totally drain entire machine and start from scratch...lol Just wanted to make sure i didn't miss anything you know...:)
Anyways, sorry I do ramble too much sometimes, but that is just me....:) Thanks again. the only thing I still need to do is the fuel filter. I have never bled a diesel before, but from the sounds of the manual, there is really nothing to it, After i get it back together, it should start up and bleed itself? The manual says something like.......If fuel lines, fuel filter, or fuel tank has been emptied, fill tank with fuel, start motor and run for 30 seconds and shut off. Does that sound right? Sounds too easy....haha

Thanks again!

Jim
Jim,
One caution about saving unused fluid. If you can place the extra new hydro fluid in a container that has a tight fitting lid. You will want as little airspace left over in the container as possible. This is to help prevent moisture and condensation build up as it sits waiting for you to use it.

The fuel filter isn't bad. Here is the link to a great video by Vic and Mr. K, very helpful.

Please don't worry about rambling or asking questions. You are a member of this forum just like the rest of us and we are all learning.

Scott

John C

Equipment
B7100D, LMC Clipper 400, LMC 4ft Box Blade, NorTrac 47" Tiller
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
digg71,
Welcome to the forum, You'll find that there are a number of videos like the one trialdust pointed you to in his link! also a number of threads dealing with different issues! as well as a bunch of us Orange Addicts allways willing to help if we can! I changed the fuel filter in mine last spring and it started right up, ran about 30sec died and refused to restart! I just checked my manual and bingo there was a procedure to bleed the fuel system and in a few minutes ihad her purring like a kitten! as traildust said your tractor will be fine! Relax with a good beverage sit back and bask in the glow of an orange tractor!

John

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
Thanks for the link traildust. Vic and you members seem to know about Kutoba's, as John C said, Vic has a bunch of videos. Great info. That is exactly my concern on the unused fluid, my shop sweats a lot in the changing of seasons. Especially so, when its freezing outside and I decide to go start a fire and do some work out there. It goes from 10 degrees to 70 degrees in 30 minutes once the wood stove is rippin'! Of course I have the gallon jug opened also. I opened it 1st and was transferring from the pail to the gallon jug to make it easier and a one man operation getting the fliud back in the tractor. The fill holes are in some tricky places.

John C, hello and thanks for the info. I bask in an extra "orange glow" out in garage.....:) I of course have my shiny orange tractor and I also have 2 bright orange Arctic Cat snowmobiles out there as well....:)

Thanks a ton,
Jim

Last edited:

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Dear Digg71...

Just like the guys said... you can't get all the fluid out and what you ended up with is just about right. Trust your dipstick Jimmy! (remenber the Castrol oil commercial)

With me and my "orange mistress" :pI don't start sweating until I work on it and find I have a few nuts and bolts and God forbid a part left over once the servicing is completed:eek::eek::(.

Welcome to the site....:)

Butch

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey Jim,
Just wondering, but have you taken any pictures of this wonderful tractor yet :rolleyes:

Scott

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Jim,
One caution about saving unused fluid. If you can place the extra new hydro fluid in a container that has a tight fitting lid. You will want as little airspace left over in the container as possible. This is to help prevent moisture and condensation build up as it sits waiting for you to use it.

The fuel filter isn't bad. Here is the link to a great video by Vic and Mr. K, very helpful.

Please don't worry about rambling or asking questions. You are a member of this forum just like the rest of us and we are all learning.
Scott
I will second, third and fourth that! That is the reason we are ALL here on this forum. To learn from each other, (Well, I learn and they teach) :eek: .

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
1st time posting pics, hopefully this works.

2009 B3200V

100_0066.jpg

100_0071.jpg

100_0073.jpg

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Jim, those are really great pictures! You have all the good stuff: Kickass tractor, your own forest and A DAMN WOLF :eek:

Scott

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
haha...thanks traildust, I love the tractor, it is perfect for what I need/want it for. That's no wolf, that is my Blue Heeler(Australian Cattle Dog)....lol. He is by my side wherever I go, amazing dog, a bit high strung, but man's best friend for sure.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
haha...thanks traildust, I love the tractor, it is perfect for what I need/want it for. That's no wolf, that is my Blue Heeler(Australian Cattle Dog)....lol. He is by my side wherever I go, amazing dog, a bit high strung, but man's best friend for sure.
Those are great working dogs and you have the perfect place for one. Lots of room to run and probably some squirrels to harass.
You're lucky, sure wish I had a wolf :p

Scott

Last edited:

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
That IS a beautiful dog :D ! It is sure nice to have a pal out there with ya to keep ya company when you're out doing your thang on the property :D .

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
Thanks again everyone for your help and the inviting welcomes to the site.