Glad I bought a BX

lamanated

Equipment
BX
May 2, 2013
Zephyrhills Fl
So glad I chose a BX over the Massey etc,, I looked at Massey yesterday and the frame, the body, the EVERYTHING was not as robust as the Kubota,,and the guy paid the same as me,, Didn't have the heart to ruin his day............

countrynerd

Equipment
BX25D, L3301
Jun 6, 2016
thumb, MI, USA
So glad I chose a BX over the Massey etc,, I looked at Massey yesterday and the frame, the body, the EVERYTHING was not as robust as the Kubota,,and the guy paid the same as me,, Didn't have the heart to ruin his day............

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I think in 10 years.....yours will still be running too!
Yeah - dont ruin his day.....or.....year!:D:)

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
My neighbor has a TYM, because as he put it, "you get a lot more tractor for your money" ......... Well NO, I disagree. He got a larger tractor, with a couple more horsepower than my BX, but he has had major electrical issues, twice. The hydro line routing is terrible, and he has already ripped one loose. When he went to the dealer to get a replacement, they wanted to send it to Korea to have them make a replacement! NONE were in the USA. I can go on line and order ANY part for my Kubota, and if I need it tomorrow, I can pay to air ship and get it right away. I think he got a lot LESS for his money. By the way, what's the resale on a TYM? I wouldn't want a new one.......

Last edited:

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
You mean TYM tractor. Your resale on Orange and Green will probably smoke all others!

The Massey tractors have been reliable. Only down fall is the PTO modulation, very harsh engagement. They had a better powertrain warranty.

On a cash deal the Massey will beat the Kubota in most cases.

Pat

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I am with you on the Kubota and BX, almost went with the Cabellas version from TYM. So worth the extra $$ up front. Wouldn't sell my BX, but if I did wouldn't lose much, now the TYM is worth maybe 50% after a year of use.

blb078

Jun 19, 2016
Wentzville
I don't know about these comments. All tractor companies have issues with models. Whether it's TYM, MF, or even orange and green. Look at the b3350, nothing but problems, the deere 4 series has it's issue. And I doubt the dealer said the entire tractor had to go back to S. Korea maybe a part had to come from there but that's something you have to consider when you save 5-10k over a kubota or deere and that's if there is an issue you may have to wait to use your machine. TYM actually makes a very good tractor and you do get more for your money with the Korean manufactures.

Just because it was made in S. Korea doesn't mean it's bad, that's far from reality. A Kia and Hyundai are very good automobiles. They don't have the resale value of a Cadillac but also cost a fraction of the price.

As for resale of course a kubota is going to have a higher resale as it should it cost more, but a TYM isn't 50% cheaper after a year. Tractors in general hold their value well, whether it's a Kubota, Deere, New Holland, TYM, MF etc. And most of the time value of a used tractor is determined by hours and options, not actual age in years.

So when someones does buy a TYM, Kioti, LS tractor they are getting more tractor for their money. There's no arguing that. What they're not getting is the longevity that Deere or Kubota has, dealer support may be the same or less and parts may be easy or hard to get depending the dealer. That's really the big difference and some people that's not worth spending more on it and some it is.

If you think your Asian made compact is any better than some other Asian made compact you're sadly mistaken and just playing the fan boy game. There are plenty of TYM owners out there who've had no issues at all, and there's plenty of BX owners who have not and plenty that have. In the end it comes down to how how you want to spend your money and how comfortable you are with what you purchased.

Remember at one time there is was this new company in the U.S. called Kubota and all the Deere guys made fun of them.......

Last edited:

Boo

Equipment
MX5800; BH92, BB2572, Forks 3048
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
I don't know about these comments. All tractor companies have issues with models. Whether it's TYM, MF, or even orange and green. Look at the b3350, nothing but problems, the deere 4 series has it's issue. And I doubt the dealer said the entire tractor had to go back to S. Korea maybe a part had to come from there but that's something you have to consider when you save 5-10k over a kubota or deere and that's if there is an issue you may have to wait to use your machine. TYM actually makes a very good tractor and you do get more for your money with the Korean manufactures.

Just because it was made in S. Korea doesn't mean it's bad, that's far from reality. A Kia and Hyundai are very good automobiles. They don't have the resale value of a Cadillac but also cost a fraction of the price.

As for resale of course a kubota is going to have a higher resale as it should it cost more, but a TYM isn't 50% cheaper after a year. Tractors in general hold their value well, whether it's a Kubota, Deere, New Holland, TYM, MF etc. And most of the time value of a used tractor is determined by hours and options, not actual age in years.

So when someones does buy a TYM, Kioti, LS tractor they are getting more tractor for their money. There's no arguing that. What they're not getting is the longevity that Deere or Kubota has, dealer support may be the same or less and parts may be easy or hard to get depending the dealer. That's really the big difference and some people that's not worth spending more on it and some it is.

If you think your Asian made compact is any better than some other Asian made compact you're sadly mistaken and just playing the fan boy game. There are plenty of TYM owners out there who've had no issues at all, and there's plenty of BX owners who have not and plenty that have. In the end it comes down to how how you want to spend your money and how comfortable you are with what you purchased.

Remember at one one there is was this new company in the U.S. called Kubota and all the Deere guys made fun of them.......
All you said is true. When I was shopping for a tractor, I did not go to my friend who owns a JD and Kubota dealership only. I also looked at other tractors. I saw that I could save money by buying LS and I was sorely tempted until I discovered that the valving for the FEL was not as capable as Green or Orange and that there was no hydraulic thumb option for the backhoe. Actually, to get any thumb at all, they had to order a bolt-on aftermarket.

That same dealership is supposed to be a MF dealership, but he had none in inventory because he couldn't sell them for the price he had to sell them for. The final crunch in that option happend when I found out that his place is not open on Saturday when I am free to use my equipment (and break it).

When I shopped for a NH tractor, I would not have saved any money. (I also doubt that his new dealership will last very long.) They also sell Mahindra, but the salesman didn't even want to show me one. I went back to my friend in the business. He is open on Saturday and I can count on his support when I need it.

I do wish that Kioti was available here, but it isn't.

So I paid more, but I have comfort in knowing what I got and that there will be support for years to come.

blb078

Jun 19, 2016
Wentzville
All you said is true. When I was shopping for a tractor, I did not go to my friend who owns a JD and Kubota dealership only. I also looked at other tractors. I saw that I could save money by buying LS and I was sorely tempted until I discovered that the valving for the FEL was not as capable as Green or Orange and that there was no hydraulic thumb option for the backhoe. Actually, to get any thumb at all, they had to order a bolt-on aftermarket.

That same dealership is supposed to be a MF dealership, but he had none in inventory because he couldn't sell them for the price he had to sell them for. The final crunch in that option happend when I found out that his place is not open on Saturday when I am free to use my equipment (and break it).

When I shopped for a NH tractor, I would not have saved any money. (I also doubt that his new dealership will last very long.) They also sell Mahindra, but the salesman didn't even want to show me one. I went back to my friend in the business. He is open on Saturday and I can count on his support when I need it.

I do wish that Kioti was available here, but it isn't.

So I paid more, but I have comfort in knowing what I got and that there will be support for years to come.
For the LS Michigan Iron Equipment makes a weld on thumb for it, can get mechanical or hydraulic and it's cheaper than the factory ones. I actually just went with an LS, I cam close to a kubota b2650, wanted a cab and bh and some other options. The 2650 was 36.4k w/a mmm, 3rd function, 1 remote, quick attach, rear lights bh w/12" bucket. Probably could of talk them down to 33-34k range I'm guessing. I also looked at the deere 3033r and 3039r and those way way more.

Did some research on LS found out they're parent company is Lg corp and that they make a lot of smaller tractors for NH and Case, in fact the LS, NH, and Case are identical other than the loader and color. So I settled on a xr 4150hc w/bh, 2 rear remotes, rear lights, all the interior options except radio. 9" & 24" bucket for bh, 72" quick attach bucket for the loader, 48" pallet forks, teeth for the bucket, rear wiper, delivered for 37.4k.

I got twice the tractor literally for maybe 3k-5k more. A comparable kubota would of been one of the grand L's and the LS is built every bit as good as it. And they've been building tractors for a while. I still may look at a smaller BX probably used, because I do like the idea of having a smaller tractor for my land too. But the point I was making is all tractors from all companies can and may have issues at some point. And all companies may have issues responding to that issue, whether it be the dealer or the manufacture itself. Just because you know someone who has a TYM, MF that has issues and your kubota hasn't yet doesn't mean it's a better tractor.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I'm a Kubota guy now, but you can't talk bad on a Massey GC. They are also very good and the hydraulics are a little stronger at idle. But both are far more reliable than anything John Deere offers. Can't go wrong either way.

As for the Massey GC PTO engaging hard, I find that with the new BX's too. But that's comparing them to my butter smooth B2620 with the clutch pedal.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
So far I didn't see any comments about blue.I've had two and would have gone there instead of orange, but the dealer didn't answer my phone calls.
With my BX problems I shudda gone blue anyhow.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I drove them all. The Kioti was my frontrunner until I decided to wait until my truck is payed off.

The NH Workmaster 33/35 was a nice machine. Stronger specs on paper. I dont like how they fabricated the loader. Where it mounts to stantion has no boxing anywhere and I doubted its longevity.

Kioti has 2 pedal HST, which I prefer, but not deal breaker.... Intergrated loader valve, stronger specs on paper, 40-4500 cheaper than comparable L3301.

Deere 3032e was a nice machine. Very comfy platform. I wish it had a 3 range Hydro. I dont like the plastic everything, or the aluminum rear end.

Massey makes awesome tractors. If you buy a Premium machine. The 1734e was nice, but you could tell where they gave up to save money. Fuel tank nice and low. The machine I drove had the smoothest running motor Ive tried yet.

The L3301 was a plenty nice machine, but for a few grand less the 3032e was a better financial deal, with similar specs on paper.

Mahindra was more money than any other machine in NY so I didnt even bother looking at them.

Branson dealer is literally 2 miles down road, but I know zero people who own one and while they seem well built, I couldnt "gamble" 24k on an unknown...

I was all set to sign papers on the Kioti CK3510, but I only put 25-50 hrs a year on my B7610, so why have a payment? Im not a Farmer, just have 16 acres. When my truck is payed, Ill revisit the dealers again.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
If you're talking New Holland blue.....I really wanted a Shibaura built Boomer.....I think it was the 1030?

But I went to dealers all across Ontario Canada and two in Michigan and none of them could be bothered selling me a Boomer scut/cut. None of them called back.
So I contacted New Holland customer service and they also would not return emails or phone calls, so I gave up.
One NH dealer did accidentally give me the salesman's book when he was trying to find a brochure for me. And I was quite amused when I read it. It was explaining all the ways for you to pull the wool over your customers eyes and had detailed explanations on how to make their products look better than all others, even when their specs didn't match up.

Funny part is now that I bought a Kubota, I don't even look at the others any more. I've got a great tractor and a great dealer.