Getting worried about my purchase.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
I honestly feel people beat the DPF issue like a dead horse.

The trucking industry is plagued with issues with the DEF/DPF. which sparks the OH NO :eek:

But those issues haven't seem to translate over to tractors which don't see as much hours/usage/milage as trucks.

Jblac197

Equipment
L3800, bush hog, tiller snowblower
Aug 21, 2018
Hibbing
On any repair page that's what your going to see is people in need of repairs. With that said my 2012 l3800 has almost 500 hrs of use (much of it is hard use) with nothing but the scheduled maintenance.

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
Kubota makes an excellent piece of equipment. That being said, whenever someone has problems with a tractor (be it any manufacturer or make/model)...they are all junk. And they ARE. They will eventually all break down, and thats the nature of the beast. I am 99.9% happy with my 3901 as compared to my 2501, (with probably a 33% happy rating for the 2501). I got a bad one with the 2501, and this happens. I'm not saying the 2501 is garbage, there are many very satisfied 2501 owners....I just got a bad one. This will happen with anything you can purchase. Dealer support is as important as the machine you buy, and my dealer has a lot left to be desired. Thats not the tractors fault. If you maintain your equipment properly, use it for it's designed purpose and don't beat the living daylights out of it, you should have many years of faithful and reliable service.

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Every time I check in here, half or more of the new post are about something wrong with a Kubota. I'm sure all brands have issues, it just caught my attention, I'm not accustomed to spending this much money and hope mine hold's up, and everyone else's luck improves.
Heh. If I, alone, posted about everything I like or that works flawlessly on my tractor, I'd fill every subforum twice a day. There's a LOT of members on here, *my* perception is that there is a surprisingly slow flow of new "problem" topics given the number of orange tractors I see outside...

jay2

Jun 30, 2015
kington, ohio
UPDATE, to the original starting post on this thread. Over 400 hrs. Fluids changed, NOT ONE PROBLEM.. I am well pleased with my purchase.. Thanks to all who replied..

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
UPDATE, to the original starting post on this thread. Over 400 hrs. Fluids changed, NOT ONE PROBLEM.. I am well pleased with my purchase.. Thanks to all who replied..
Great update after 6 years from the original post!

20 years on my B2910 (Around 1800 hours now) with about the same results!