G3 Gator Blades on RCK60-29b Deck on B2620

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
Just thought I'd share a little info:

I ordered a set of G3 Gator blades for my RCK60-29b mid mount mower deck on my B2620, part # 96-393, hoping they might cut the grass up a little finer.

I didn't really notice any difference when cutting 1-1.5" or about 3" of grass compared to the stock Kubota blades.

They made a HUGE difference on my lawn tractor (which had a mulch plug) vs the stock MTD blades back when I had that, and was hopping they'd help cut the grass a little finer (and maybe chop up leaves better too) even though Kubota doesn't offer a mulch kit for this deck, but they didn't seem to make a difference. Not a huge issue though, because I like to have an extra set of blades on hand anyways. Just figured this post might help someone out who might have been thinking of trying the same thing. I thought about trying a set of the G6 blades but was worried the extra weight of the blades might be too much???

If I get a chance I may make a fiberglass insert for the bottom of the deck like the plastic mulch kit Kubota sells for the BX decks. Might be a good winter project when I don't have to worry about mowing........

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
When I bought my bx2230 54 " deck, the cutting was not good with the Kubota blades. Anything over half speed, 20% of the grass was still standing. I bought a set of the gator blades and , what a difference. Full speed ahead and cut grass. I just purchased a new bx2670 and never even used the kubota blades. Put a set of the gator blades on. I haven' got to mow much yet but they seem to do as good as they did on the 54 " deck. Maybe the new kubota blades are better than they used to be.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
We have a Grasshopper Zero Turn, and I noticed a difference in blade effect depending on moisture in grass.

Spring, when grass has much more moisture the blades have little effect. Wait until fall when grass is dryer and gator blades do a much better job of "grinding" up the grass and leaves.

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
ipz2222:

The stock blades left a great cut for me, I had people tell me my yard looked like a golf coarse, well at least until the dandelions started popping back up :D

D2Cat:

It will be interesting to see how the gator blades work out in this fall, I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a mulching kit for the deck though....

Skeeta

Equipment
BX2370 54"deck loader
Sep 2, 2014
Danville, VA
My first post. I have a BX2370 with 54" deck and mulch kit. Much like many others, not enough lift and saw tire lines. Just installed (myself) Gator by Oregon 396-812 blades. Results were awesome. Huge difference in appearance.