G2160 New Starter?

PoppyW01

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Feb 17, 2019
Fayette, Alabama
Bought a used G2160 a couple of months ago, missing starter and had been sitting for a couple of years if not longer. 336 hours on the meter. It is the R48S DirectShoot model. I had light surgery just after buying and have just started working on it to have ready to mow this spring. Since the starter was missing, I did not see where what wire goes where. A little looking and I think everything is pretty straight forward except the wire on the new starter solenoid that had a hooded spade connector. I cannot see anywhere that it should attach to the tractor. Was wondering if it was a wire for one of the other machines that this starter fits. I can't read the electrical diagram well enough to get any good out of the diagram in the manual. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Before I put a battery on here and try to crank I have or will replace engine oil and filter, drain and purge the fuel system, new filters, replace the hydrostatic fluid and filter and replace mower gear oil. Grease it till we are both slick. New mower belts will be needed soon and possibly bagger fabric. ANything else that I have missed?

Thanks. Wayne

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If there is 2 connection on the starter for the starter solenoid, the second odd connection is for models that require a signal to the stop solenoid to pull it open.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Used to have one. I liked it other than the power steering and the bagger. The steering was a joke. Anyway....there should be three wires going to the starter. The battery cable and then a female spade terminated wire (black/white if I remember right). The battery cable should also have a second wire on the same stud --that wire powers the entire rest of the tractor and has a fuse in that wire, which should be somewhere near the starter. Red/white as I recall.