G1800 Lawn Tractor idles rough

Bllowns

Equipment
Kubota G1800
Jun 27, 2023
Ooltewah, TN
I have a Kubota G1800 lawn tractor three cyl diesel. When the mower tilts to either side, after a few seconds it starts to run rough and the engine starts loping trying to die, and sometimes it does die, but will start right back up. If I stop the mower and shut of the blades off, the engine will pick back up and will return to a smooth idle. It only happens when the mower tilts to one side of the other on a slop. Could it be some type of fuel delivery problem or a fuel filter?

Torinodan

Equipment
T1600, G4200, G5200, Ford 2810, 1974 Wheel Horse C100
Oct 14, 2021
Fayetteville GA
If it was water it wouldn't restart so easy. Sounds like you have a chunk of crud in you tank. I suggest removing it and flushing it out. I have a spare 1600 tank that the bottom was full of black sludge and wouldn't drain.

StephenR

Feb 12, 2024
Kentucky
It sounds like a fuel delivery issue, But I have been wrong about most everything I try to diagnose without seeing the machine. I would look at a filter issue maybe in the tank. There could be something that is blocking the fuel from getting out of the tank. Good luck.

Bllowns

Equipment
Kubota G1800
Jun 27, 2023
Ooltewah, TN
If it was water it wouldn't restart so easy. Sounds like you have a chunk of crud in you tank. I suggest removing it and flushing it out. I have a spare 1600 tank that the bottom was full of black sludge and wouldn't drain.
I haven't thought about the tank. Thanks so much, I will explore that possibility and see what I find.

Bllowns

Equipment
Kubota G1800
Jun 27, 2023
Ooltewah, TN
It sounds like a fuel delivery issue, But I have been wrong about most everything I try to diagnose without seeing the machine. I would look at a filter issue maybe in the tank. There could be something that is blocking the fuel from getting out of the tank. Good luck.
Thanks so much. I will check the inside of the tank and see what I find.