Freak Injector pump assembly question

Rbraf

Equipment
Jacobson mowers,smithco rake, tailgator forklift, f3060 mower
Jun 14, 2012
Western,ma
imrecently bought a f3060 mower with a v1305 in it. It appears to be low hours but was rolled and stripped of many parts, hower the engine look perfect.

The problem is the injector pump, after a few minuets of gettingbready to start it. I was apparentbthat it is not getting fuel. The fuel rack inside is froze solid. Somi pulled the pump, disasembled the fiRst plunger assebly, very clean came right apart. Checked the drawings, all looks good.
However i have never seen one apart so iam not really sure what it is supposed to look like.
So after 2 days of fiddling with it ,i decide to put a used pump in out of a wornout v1505. Totally good pump . Popped it in and off it went.
What i noticed is the rollers were not sticking out the bottom of the original pump,under spring tension, so i looked it over again, finding that the retainer ,called a seat in the book,#17,for the spring on the bottom, takes up all the travel in the plunger and when the top nut is tightend it locks the barrel from turning. So I assembled it without the retainer. Looks better and will turn ,although not asloose as i would like to see.
My thoughtn is , could this retainer be a tool used during assembly and this pump,just happend to be the one in a milloin that did not getb removed before being installed ont the housing?
This retainer looks like a washerbexcept it is contured to hook onto the end of the Pump element #2 on my diagram.
Thanks in advance. For any input.

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Wow! Welcome to OTT --- I'm going to guess that not many will have an answer for you. You may want to call a fuel injection service close to you and ask them that question ---