Found a better deal. Ironcraft 2512 Flex-Wing Mower - $12,900

#40Fan

Jul 21, 2022
USA
I finally laid eyes on the mower.

Found some issues with the 4020 that I can use while waiting to make up my mind on what I'm going to purchase. I'll see if I can't get that fixed up next weekend and then try out the mower then.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
How are you liking the new folding cutter?

#40Fan

Jul 21, 2022
USA
I was able to use it a little bit last week. I was planning to mow my 20 acres, but the day before we had 2" of rain. I didn't want to rut up the field so I stayed off.

When I was running it I found out the drawbar on the 4020 I'm using won't work with this mower. At the very end of the drawbar, there is a dip and I need a straight one. I moved the height adjustment all the way to the max and was still an 1-1/2" too high in the rear which meant when I was trying to mow as low as I wanted too, the front skids were digging into the ground.

I also had issues with the hydraulic pressures on the tractor not being high enough to fold the wings back up. After a quick google, I was able to crank the relief valve 1 turn and fixed that issue.

I think this pic does show how low the front is sitting compared to the back, even though it is just an 1-1/2".

I have to say though, that for having just over 7,000 hours on it, the 4020 runs good. I hate the loader on it, but the owner won't let me take it off.

Straight drawbar has been ordered. Hopefully it will arrive this week so I can mow the 20 acres this weekend.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was able to use it a little bit last week. I was planning to mow my 20 acres, but the day before we had 2" of rain. I didn't want to rut up the field so I stayed off.

When I was running it I found out the drawbar on the 4020 I'm using won't work with this mower. At the very end of the drawbar, there is a dip and I need a straight one. I moved the height adjustment all the way to the max and was still an 1-1/2" too high in the rear which meant when I was trying to mow as low as I wanted too, the front skids were digging into the ground.

I also had issues with the hydraulic pressures on the tractor not being high enough to fold the wings back up. After a quick google, I was able to crank the relief valve 1 turn and fixed that issue.

I think this pic does show how low the front is sitting compared to the back, even though it is just an 1-1/2".

I have to say though, that for having just over 7,000 hours on it, the 4020 runs good. I hate the loader on it, but the owner won't let me take it off.

Straight drawbar has been ordered. Hopefully it will arrive this week so I can mow the 20 acres this weekend.
Nice! I'm cutting my friend's 20 acres this coming weekend using the RC3712 and M6060 and I'm looking forward to it. It'll make the job go a lot faster and do a better job too since I'll only be driving over and flattening half of the amount when running the RCR1884. I think that's right. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user