Forks that clamp onto bucket

whatsupdoc

Equipment
L3302
Jul 9, 2024
USA
I bought these in June and the price was $116.00 so I gave them a shot.

I needed to move a bunch of lumber around for my new house and they worked great on my L3302 bucket.

Quality is very good, the bar that connects the two forks together, sometimes it helps and sometimes it hinders what you are trying to do.

They have come in handy for odd jobs even used them to drop and move wood into burning brush piles, the length keeps the machine away from the heat.

One thing you have to realize is the bucket blocks your view so
its not like a true set of forks.

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
One thing you have to realize is the bucket blocks your view so
its not like a true set of forks.
Yes, I figured this, for most of my jobs (this fall) it will be attach to the bucket, drive to location, load and dump. Nothing precise, I do plan on real forks next year.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Think mine were $125-150-ish USD years ago. I don't think $220 CDN is unrealistic.
Just pay attention to loader height, use 4WD, etc.

A BX1880 is pretty light.

Don't want anything bad to happen..... ;)

I took a short skid/ride with just a 250# plate tamper hanging off the bucket. Didn't have it in 4WD. Knew better.

I wasn't going to get hurt, but didn't want the rented tamper damaged either.....:oops:

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880 with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Well, I pulled the plug and bought these off of Amazon. If price seems ridiculous "Welcome to Canada"
They should arrive on Saturday. I bought these as I like the double turn screw and the little plate under them to spread the clamping force out, and they're orange!

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to share my findings, likes, dislike with the forum.
Let us know if these work out for you. I would go that route but bought forks for my 1880. Buying the 1880 was the best decision I made for getting things done outside.

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
Think mine were $125-150-ish USD years ago. I don't think $220 CDN is unrealistic.
Just pay attention to loader height, use 4WD, etc.

A BX1880 is pretty light.

Don't want anything bad to happen..... ;)

I took a short skid/ride with just a 250# plate tamper hanging off the bucket. Didn't have it in 4WD. Knew better.

I wasn't going to get hurt, but didn't want the rented tamper damaged either.....:oops:
When I use the loader, always in low and 4wd to load, then low 2wd to move and dump, saves my grass from getting ripped up.

But low and slow is my rule of thumb with the loader, I also have a ballast box filled with solid concrete blocks on the rear I'd say 300-350 pounds worth.

Reactions: 1 user

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
Let us know if these work out for you. I would go that route but bought forks for my 1880. Buying the 1880 was the best decision I made for getting things done outside.
Sure thing, As stated earlier I plan on having both so I have options based on the job I need to complete.

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
Clamp on forks arrive on Saturday and I'm impressed with the overall quality for the price paid.
They install easily and even when tightened no fear of dimpling the bucket as they have a plate to spread the load and over sized nuts (LOL) to spread the pressure. As many other have said with the load that far out drive slow and careful. I had a light load maybe 195-215 pounds but was very cautious. I'm terrible for not taking pictures.. So I'll try to snap some next time I used them.