Fluid questions for Kubota B8200 HST

Dawn

Equipment
Kubota B8200 HST
Aug 25, 2010
Indiana
Just bought an older Kubota B8200 HST and like most used stuff I have bought I no manual for this. This is my first compact tractor, got other riders for the yard but this is the first kubota and the last thing I want to do is break it, so I was wondering if someone could give me some advise. I am trying to figure out where all the fluids go. Plus any other advise or warning of things to watch out for go ahead and throw them at me, that would be great.

This is the tractor, sorry it's dirty just got it home. (And if anyone has any idea where I can get some side covers for the engine I would love to hear it. It didn't have any when I bought it and it sure gets a lot of grass thrown in by the radiator.)

I assume this is where the hydrolic fluid goes and that it the dipstick for checking it? This is in front of the seat.

"B" and "C" are caps that are under the seat and I'm not sure what they are for.

Any help would be appreciated until I can find a manual for this. Last thing I want to do is mess something up. ;)

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Dawn, welcome to the forum. You are right about dipstick and filler on the hydrostat. One of the caps under the seat is also a filler cap for the hydro. Don't know what the small one is for. Books you can get at Kubota and they are not that expensive. Also Service dept Vic may be able to help you out. I have both the service manual and the parts manual. They are almost a must have. Side shields?? Vic or West Kentucky tractor parts or Wengers of Pennsylvania. Just google either one of those for their web address. If I think of any thing else I will kick in at some point. Again Welcome.:D Dusty

Dawn

Equipment
Kubota B8200 HST
Aug 25, 2010
Indiana
Thanks Dusty! :) So if that red cap on the back is for hydrolic fluid too is there a dipstick for it too? Or is it just another port to the same reservoir? To me all 3 of them looked like they went to the same place but what do I know, lol. Definitely need to get a manual. ;) Thanks for the names of part places I will google them.

Also if anyone has any specific suggestions on particular brands of fluids I should/should not be using I'd love to hear it.

The_Humbler

Equipment
Yanmar YM146
Aug 25, 2010
Middleboro, MA
While I don't own a Kubota yet, I've always used Amsoil in all my vehicles, including my Yanmar YM146. HD diesel oil in the engine, Torque-Drive in the trans/differentials on the tractor. I've had two Chevy gas powered trucks go well past 240K with the stuff, my 1994 GMC Sonoma 4.3L had 289K when I sold it!

I'm sure the Kubota brand oil will be most recommended, just as Harley guys always recommend the $100 a case HD synthetic.

palomar

Equipment
B1600
Jul 24, 2010
Newberry,FL,USA
According to the B8200 non-HST operator's manual both A and B are for the hydraulic/transmission oil, there is only one dipstick. C=???

chevyz98

May 11, 2010
Weatherford TX
Trying to get this post back up to the top. Has anyone figured out what C is?
Wanting to change fluids this winter and would like to know what this fill cap is for.

chevyz98

May 11, 2010
Weatherford TX
Mine has C and a knob under the seat to control the lowering of arms. If you unscrew C its like a cap and you can see fluid down inside of it. Why do they have two controls for lowering of rear arms?