Flat coupler compatibility

TedWoodbutcher

Equipment
LX2610SU
Dec 9, 2023
Michigan
Hi. We just received a new LX2610SU. It was ordered with third function and flat face couplers. From online sources, I take these to be 3/8" male and female. I am trying to understand which is the first and which is the second. This is the Kubota 3rd function kit. Also, some of the implement companies don't seem to use this ( 1/2" only). Any ideas on adapting or should we only use implements compatible? It would be a shame to replace these new couplers.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
You can order an implement with whatever couplers you need. The seller should accommodate that.
I take these to be 3/8" male and female. I am trying trying to understand which is the first and which is the second.
Do you mean which one is male and which is female?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Update your present equipment to use flat-face couplers. I purchase them from Amazon and they come fast and if they are wrong, I can return them for free. If you need more guidance, send a message to Summit Hydraulics on this forum and someone will help you out with the correct part numbers etc.

Reactions: 1 user

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
You can get the 3/8" couplers with either 3/8 or 1/2" NPT pipe thread sizes. This is the page where I got the ones for my LX...

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Hi. We just received a new LX2610SU. It was ordered with third function and flat face couplers. From online sources, I take these to be 3/8" male and female. I am trying to understand which is the first and which is the second. This is the Kubota 3rd function kit. Also, some of the implement companies don't seem to use this ( 1/2" only). Any ideas on adapting or should we only use implements compatible? It would be a shame to replace these new couplers.
On the fitting will be a number. Type that into a google search and find out what it is.

Female has the moveable sleeve, male has no moveable external sleeve but fits into the female half

Lug66

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, Z422KWT
Jun 7, 2023
SW Michigan
If you’re referring to 1st function, that’s fore and aft lever movement, that would raise or lower the entire front attachment (FEL). The 2nd function, that’s lateral lever movement, that would adjust the pitch angle on pallet forks, dump or curl a bucket, etc.

TedWoodbutcher

Equipment
LX2610SU
Dec 9, 2023
Michigan
If you’re referring to 1st function, that’s fore and aft lever movement, that would raise or lower the entire front attachment (FEL). The 2nd function, that’s lateral lever movement, that would adjust the pitch angle on pallet forks, dump or curl a bucket, etc.
I was looking to confirm my third function. The outboard in male and in board female. Which is considered the first and which the second? Thanks!

Attachments

TedWoodbutcher

Equipment
LX2610SU
Dec 9, 2023
Michigan
Couplers are replaceable- order and install the couplers you need to make things work.
Thanks. Looking further, the implement makers sometimes will let you order without couplers if you want to install yourself. It seems that these flatface aren't as readily available on the implement side. I think I'll order online.

TedWoodbutcher

Equipment
LX2610SU
Dec 9, 2023
Michigan
You can get the 3/8" couplers with either 3/8 or 1/2" NPT pipe thread sizes. This is the page where I got the ones for my LX...
Thanks!

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I was looking to confirm my third function. The outboard in male and in board female. Which is considered the first and which the second? Thanks!
There is no standard. Pick whatever one you want for whatever the function will be. You are overthinking a very basic question. Reminds me of who came first, the chicken or the egg.

Donystoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
There is no standard. Pick whatever one you want for whatever the function will be. You are overthinking a very basic question. Reminds me of who came first, the chicken or the egg.
I agree, when I got my LX2610 last year the Kubota third function came with only caps on the ends. My Kioti grapple came with 1/2" female couplings. I ended up installing two 3/8" male Pioneer couplers on the tractor side and two 3/8"female Pioneer couplers on the grapple end. At the time I did not know which joystick function operated what so after I was satisfied with the grapple control, I just put colored tye wraps on the connections to identify them for when removing and attaching in the future.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I put a male and female on the 2 hoses, and when I disconnect the implement, I plug one into the other to keep them both clean. On my grapple, snowblower hood, etc. I have the male designated to be the opening one and that is the top button on the 3rd function control. The downward movement is controlled by the lower button on the control. Keeping things uniform makes it easier for the operator.