Flailing about tractors

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
I've used both GST, DT and HST Kubotas...for loading material a HST will win every time. No way you can creep up close to a truck as easily with the DT as well.
No doubt about it. But these are farm tractors, and if I needed a machine to do continual loading, I wouldn't buy an HST CUT for it. I also have zero issue with getting bucket fulls of material and moving them around. I could use even more power to the wheels for my tasks; couldn't imagine how much slower I'd have to go on some tasks with the HST robbing power.

We've been using large roll off dumpsters for all of our trash and it gets loaded one bucket at a time. I've never hit the dumpster and always get within an inch of it. I've got over 300 hours on the machine and not once I have a thought an HST would be better at a single task I was doing. I have wished for more power before when pulling something though. I understand the limits and capabilities of the machine and have not had an issue operating within them.

At constant 540 PTO RPM for extended periods of time?;)
I set the speed via the throttle; there is no difference in the quality of the cut between 440RPM and 540RPM. Typically I use 6th gear and judge my speed based on how much noise I want to hear, and how rough the terrain is. I don't do much, if any, back-and-forth. Most of the time I'll be at speed, clutch, press brake to a full stop and within 1 second I'm in reverse and the clutch is back out. Super simple. Right foot is in the center of the brakes, the right heel is on the throttle and the left is on the clutch.

Last edited: