Fireworks

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It is worth the effort to sign into your Gmail account to view this video. I have no idea why it is restricted. It is a firework display gone wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Never understood the attraction of home brew fireworks. I enjoy a professional display as much as the average person, but setting off noisemakers, bottle rockets and such at home, I just don’t get it. Several times when the New Year’s stuff is going off in the nearby neighborhood at midnight, I’ve suggested to the wife we join in by taking a couple shotguns out to the deck and blow off a couple dozen rounds to join in the fun of irritating the crap out of neighbors who have to get up in the morning, but thus far her protestations have prevented that. I fail to see the difference between harmless birdshot rounds into the forest canopy and a salvo of M-80 style noise makers. Both seem like a useless activity where the risk / reward calculation doesn’t pan out in favor of participation.

Reactions: 1 users

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Nope on fireworks, had enough booms from mortar rounds and howitzers back in the day.

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
People don't think about what could go wrong with fireworks.
We stopped using fuse years ago. We use electronic controllers with igniters, similar to what is used with model rockets. We have around 70 controller's that ignite 4 or 6 items. They are controlled by a master unit that allows firing one at a time to all at once or any combination. We only use the all at once after the finally to make sure everything fired.
Our show last night for the church picknick had over 1300 single shot shells and we did not count the fountains.
It lasted around 45 minuets and every thing is spread out about 100' long. We had 4 shells that the igniters came off, that did not fire. I will set them off tomorrow night.

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I've seen one fireworks display go bad at Cranes Roost Park in Altamonte springs Florida.

We were hanging out watching the display. Then saw the folks out on the barge setting em off run and dive off into the water 🙄🙄🙄

It was a great show that year but only lasted 10 minutes instead of the advertised half hour.

Show started good, then everything that was left went off all at once 😬😬😬😬😬 There was a major oopsy involved 🙄🙄🙄🙄

There was always a fireworks stand in a parking lot at the end of my neighborhood in Florida leading up to the 4th.

Went to bed around 9pm that night, then around 10:30pm I started hearing fireworks going off. Not a few little pops, but a seriously major grand finally worth of booms. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Next morning leaving for work, I saw that the fireworks tent was gone. Well.... I was glued to the evening news to see if they had coverage of it. And they didn't disappoint.

The guy running the fireworks stand, closed it up for the night. Then was hanging out in front of his camper smoking and drinking next to said fireworks tent.

Dude tossed his lit cigarette and the wind rolled the cigarette into his tent setting off all the fireworks 😱😱😱😱

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It is a shame, as a youngster I loved things that went boom. After my time with Uncle Sam, well Im sure others hide like I do. I know guys that go to the basement or close all the doors and windows, and turn up the TV or radio up really loud till the displays are over.

Reactions: 1 users

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
We had a horrible fireworks accident Tuesday here in Upshur county. 1 dead & 4 injured . They were prepping for a show at an event center owned by the d ceased
This gets weird .The deceased bought the land from the estate of another fireworks pro( motorcycle accident) that his dad & several others were killed in an explosion at thier fireworks warehouse in Kilgore Tx

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
The guy running the fireworks stand, closed it up for the night. Then was hanging out in front of his camper smoking and drinking next to said fireworks tent.

Dude tossed his lit cigarette and the wind rolled the cigarette into his tent setting off all the fireworks 😱😱😱😱
Sounds like he had a complete clearance sale, wonder what the insurance folks think. 🤔