Fencing and rocks....

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
We keep a 15gal water tub out at all times.

We recently watched one of our local does walk up to a 5ft fence till she was almost touching the fence with her nose, then just effortlessly pop right over the fence. Amazing.

A woman near us (about 800ft as the crow flies) has a 4 1/2 ft fence around an acre, and two does have been birthing their babies there for the last several years. One always has a single, the other almost always has twins. They seem to feel safe leaving the fawns in the fenced area until they are bigger.
The woman is worried the does will move their nursery to our place because we have 3+ acres with a lot more cover.
The wife would love that, but we will just have to see.
I have a 5’ woven wire boundary fence on my land. Deer jump it all the time effortlessly. I have a 8.5’ fence around my garden and orchard and it keeps them out.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Nice job!

Too bad about the neighbors though.

I don't have much experience with fences, so are those rocks placed at the bottom, placed there to account for 'elevation changes"?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Nice job!

Too bad about the neighbors though.

I don't have much experience with fences, so are those rocks placed at the bottom, placed there to account for 'elevation changes"?
Yup, just to act as a retaining wall, then I will add fill up to the top of the rocks to fill in the gap underneath the fence wire.