FEL Hydraulic Issue

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
I don't get it..

I blew the IN hose for my FEL of Thursday..
I noted that one of the other main hoses was worn too

I had both hoses replicated at a very reliable shop

This morning I carefully and methodically replaced both hoses, they CANNOT be switched mistakenly

I changed the filter and added back fluid..

My 3pt works fine
However
The bucket will barely move and it seems that the Up/Down is reversed with the 3 inches it will move
The roll works in the correct directions but only move 1-2 inches

I am stumped, I changed none of the flow controls

Basically replaced the two hoses and the filter

L3600
LA680

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I don't get it..

I blew the IN hose for my FEL of Thursday..
I noted that one of the other main hoses was worn too

I had both hoses replicated at a very reliable shop

This morning I carefully and methodically replaced both hoses, they CANNOT be switched mistakenly

I changed the filter and added back fluid..

My 3pt works fine
However
The bucket will barely move and it seems that the Up/Down is reversed with the 3 inches it will move
The roll works in the correct directions but only move 1-2 inches

I am stumped, I changed none of the flow controls

Basically replaced the two hoses and the filter

L3600
LA680
Check your quick connects

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Open and reset any quick couplers in the FEL system. Because hydraulic cylinders can push harder than they can pull, a coupler not allowing full flow can produce weird symptoms.
The front hydraulic block which feeds the FEL has a screw which must be in the correct orientation.
Just double check you did not move this.
forum LA680 block.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Unplugged both Quick Connects and re-attached, was the first thing I thought of too
Doubled checked the orientation of the block screw but will rotate it back and forth one time anyway, read that on my Loader instructions just like you posted..

Going to try bleeding the lines next, I went and bought another 5 gallons of UDT so I can be sure I have extra when I start messing with the lines

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Unplugged both Quick Connects and re-attached, was the first thing I thought of too
Doubled checked the orientation of the block screw but will rotate it back and forth one time anyway, read that on my Loader instructions just like you posted..

Going to try bleeding the lines next, I went and bought another 5 gallons of UDT so I can be sure I have extra when I start messing with the lines
There is zero need for bleeding anything. You have blocked a circuit some where. The problem will go away when you find it.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Blocked Circuit???

Can you explain please
The symptoms indicate the outlet from the loader valve is blocked and the cylinders are hydraulically locked. Couplers are the first suspects when that happens. Exactly what two hoses did you replace? Pictures of the new ones as installed? Do you have the 3pt lift in the down position?

Dan

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
The symptoms indicate the outlet from the loader valve is blocked and the cylinders are hydraulically locked. Couplers are the first suspects when that happens. Exactly what two hoses did you replace? Pictures of the new ones as installed? Do you have the 3pt lift in the down position?

Dan

okay on the bottom

These two hoses were replaced the one to the right is the one that actually blew

That hose goes here on the Loader Controls up top

I also replaced the hose to the left as it had a wear spot and I figured I might as well do it while I was at it

It had a Quick connect higher up toward the loader

and connected to the valve block here

I have doubled and tripled check the Quick Connects all seem solid
I checked both pressure connects, loosened until I saw a little oil come out then tightened back up

There were NO issues with the loader before the hose blew
Yes the 3pt is down and it also operates perfectly

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
okay on the bottom

These two hoses were replaced the one to the right is the one that actually blew

That hose goes here on the Loader Controls up top

I also replaced the hose to the left as it had a wear spot and I figured I might as well do it while I was at it

It had a Quick connect higher up toward the loader

and connected to the valve block here

I have doubled and tripled check the Quick Connects all seem solid
I checked both pressure connects, loosened until I saw a little oil come out then tightened back up

There were NO issues with the loader before the hose blew
Yes the 3pt is down and it also operates perfectly
I am not familiar with that valve but I THINK this hose is the power beyond from the loader valve. Where is the other end going? That would have been my first suspect but you say teh 3pt is working OK?

Dan

Last edited:

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
so freaking weird

ok so usually if the 3pt is in the full up position the FEL doesn't barely function

I was running the 3pt full up and sure enough the bucket lift function worked and the bucket came off the ground but I could lower it until I dropped the 3pt again

This really makes zero sense

But at least with the bucket in the raised Position I can use the Snow blower and get us out to the highway.. That means I can take my time and work through it more

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Did you replace one hose at a time, or did you remove both hoses to take to the shop for samples? If you did, then most likely you hooked them up incorrectly. Easy mistake to do. I use a marker in different colors to make sure that they always go back to where they belong. Black to black, green to green, blue to blue, etc.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
so freaking weird

ok so usually if the 3pt is in the full up position the FEL doesn't barely function

I was running the 3pt full up and sure enough the bucket lift function worked and the bucket came off the ground but I could lower it until I dropped the 3pt again

This really makes zero sense

But at least with the bucket in the raised Position I can use the Snow blower and get us out to the highway.. That means I can take my time and work through it more
Well it does make some sense to me. You have your power beyond circuit crossed up some how, And if the loader was not working before when the 3pt was in the up position it may have been that way for a while. You are blocking the pump and running excessively high pressures which may be why your hose blew.

Dan

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Did you replace one hose at a time, or did you remove both hoses to take to the shop for samples? If you did, then most likely you hooked them up incorrectly. Easy mistake to do. I use a marker in different colors to make sure that they always go back to where they belong. Black to black, green to green, blue to blue, etc.

It is physically impossible to reverse the hoses because of length, plus one has a male connection and the other is female

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Blocked / non engaging quick disconnect would be my first thought
Second would be swapped lines.
If you don't get it going, I'm working form the house, just give me a shout and I'll pop over and help ya get it going.
I've got spare disconnects if that's the issue.

Reactions: 2 users

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Well it does make some sense to me. You have your power beyond circuit crossed up some how, And if the loader was not working before when the 3pt was in the up position it may have been that way for a while. You are blocking the pump and running excessively high pressures which may be why your hose blew.

Dan

The hose blew because it wore through

The loader function has been like this for over a decade, that is why none of this makes sense..

gssixgun

Equipment
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Blocked / non engaging quick disconnect would be my first thought
Second would be swapped lines.
If you don't get it going, I'm working form the house, just give me a shout and I'll pop over and help ya get it going.
I've got spare disconnects if that's the issue.
It physically cant be swapped lines...

It makes no sense especially now that I can get the bucket to move by messing with the 3pt and the bucket control
Wouldn't that mean the connectors are allowing flow ???

Totally stumped neighbor

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If they made the lines opposite they could get swapped, that's why I was wondering if you had the old lines to compare to.
I could come over and tell right away if they are swapped, as the flow does sound wrong.