Fabricating a ripper for 3 point (need measurements)

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
As the heading stater / need the measurement from were the lift arms hook up to were the top link hooks up / think it should be the same as any 3 point implement (but just incase) THANKS ( L3130 )

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
1667417834804.png

This should get you close. Looks like 15" vertically between the pins, at least for a quick hitch. This dimension is not set in stone since all the 3 pt arms articulate, but if you are making something to be quick hitch compatible it is something you do have to be careful about.

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
View attachment 89848
This should get you close. Looks like 15" vertically between the pins, at least for a quick hitch. This dimension is not set in stone since all the 3 pt arms articulate, but if you are making something to be quick hitch compatible it is something you do have to be careful about.
Thanks

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
"Quick Hitch compatible" I've found to be a relative term. Depends on whose quick hitch you're talking about. There are some differences in them, which is why the 'standard' quick hitches are also adjustable. My purchased subsoiler (ripper) is supposed to be Quick Hitch compatible, but it won't fit the one that my chipper and box blade work on. I modded my drawbar, but not quite enough yet. It's still too tall to go on the quick hitch. More cutting/welding needed.

If you're fabrication skills are adequate (which should be the case if you're building your own ripper), make the top pin as shown in that sketch where you can pin it on the 3-point, or hook under the bolt with the quick hitch. A word of caution, that top link connection has a LOT of pressure on it with a subsoiler, particularly if you're going to be breaking roots or pulling out rocks with it. Make it strong on top, and put some gussets to the side-arm pins as well. A subsoiler probably gets more abuse than a lot of more complicated equipment.

Reactions: 1 user