Extended Warranty

pauly

Equipment
2014 B2650, LA534A FEL,B2781B Snow Blower, Land Pride RCR 1260 Land Pride RB157
Sep 23, 2014
East Troy Wisconsin USA
Any thoughts on purchasing the extended warranty for a B2650?
I just received the notice from Kubota that my warranty was going to expire, but that I could purchase a 3 year extended.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
This is another part of the New Buying process from Kubota that is driving me nuts. I dont want the insurance, Im not a Farmer, theres a 1% chance something catastrophic would happen to a Kubota. Other colors are offering 5-6 year warranty without the expensive insurance.

Save your money unless you have zero mechanical ability. From what my Coworker told me if his B3200 had an issue, if it was more than the $250 insurance deductible it would be covered anyway...

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
This is another part of the New Buying process from Kubota that is driving me nuts. I dont want the insurance, Im not a Farmer, theres a 1% chance something catastrophic would happen to a Kubota. Other colors are offering 5-6 year warranty without the expensive insurance.

Save your money unless you have zero mechanical ability. From what my Coworker told me if his B3200 had an issue, if it was more than the $250 insurance deductible it would be covered anyway...
Insurance and Warranty are two different things. If you finance with Kubota, you are required to get their insurance because they want to make sure if something happens to the tractor that their money is covered. That is fairly standard on all loans. The company making the loan is listed as first payee on whatever insurance is used to insure the item purchased.
The Warranty is on the product covering any repairs needed if the tractor breaks down. As far as buying the extended warranty, most times it is not worth it on a tractor that you use around the yard to maintain it. If you put on 75-100 hours a year give or take, then you probably won't get enough wear on the machine to make it worth it. If you are using it to make a living and put on a lots of hours, then it could become a better investment. It is basically a gamble and a form of insurance.

Last edited:

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
If you use the machine to make money, you already have an insurance binder, or you're just asking for trouble... Deere requires insurance, just like Massey and NH, but they allow Home Owners to cover the cost of machine in case of theft, fell off a trailer etc... The insurance they sell is $300 and that insurance covers the lenders butt. I dont want the $1400 Kubota insurance as machine never leaves my land, that price is with the $500 deductible that will cover repairs in excess of said deductible. Its a great program, but its very spendy as well. KTAC really sets the bar high as our Home Owners Insurance wouldnt cover the machine the way KTAC has stipulated, hence, very few HO policies will be allowed.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
pauly -

I was getting similar notices for my 2013 Chevy Silverado. Had 3/36 warranty that expires today. Probably a third party carrier GM sells my info to.:mad:

I throw them out. Did the same for the last 5 trucks.

My truck was $42k new, and I have no interest in extending the warranty. I guess I had similar views for the tractor, with attachments was $17k or so. I'll save the money, and if something needs fixing, I'm that much closer to paying for it.

Using my trucks as an analogy, I have only paid for a few repairs, not counting wear items, in the 3 years or so I keep them after warranty. Maybe that's my plug for Chevrolet trucks!

After 3 years of owning a Kubota, I'm happy to plug them for their dependability and workmanship as well! :D

So, I'm with the other guys....

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The general consensus is save the money. The averages are against you.
Ditto what ipz said,

take the money that you WOULD PAY for the extended warranty....place it in a bank account drawing 1%....after three years, see what you have in the bank, I'll bet it will fix any problem you have with your tractor!!!!;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
...place it in a bank account drawing 1%....

Hokie - where the hell do you find one of those?!?!:p;):p;)

Is that a "Teacher" thing!?!?!:)

Of course, years ago we'd say put it in a CD drawing 3.75%........:eek:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hokie - where the hell do you find one of those?!?!

Is that a "Teacher" thing!?!?!:)

Of course, years ago we'd say put it in a CD drawing 3.75%........:eek:
yeah, maybe you are right:) ....I forgot to move the decimal.......what say .01% :D:)

(Teachers don't make enough money to place in Cd's!:D:))

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
yeah, maybe you are right:) ....I forgot to move the decimal.......what say .01% :D:)

(Teachers don't make enough money to place in Cd's!:D:))
Ha!:D

And by the way, my wife will be starting her 32nd year as a teacher in September....;)

I've been watching GE stock a lot lately - rocketing to $30+!!:)

If it goes up another $23, I'm even!!!!!!!:p:p

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming........

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
this will #30 for me .....I took 2 off middle way......I needed a sanity check!!!! Or is that check up?